Lil Wayne

FLAG TRAMPLE WAS AN ACCIDENT

I Didn't See It There

6/18/2013 9:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0618_lil_wayne_flag_youtubeLil Wayne is lying through his diamond-encrusted teeth ... claiming he didn't INTENTIONALLY step on the American flag during a video shoot ... despite the fact he can be seen looking down on Old Glory several times during the performance.

Wayne just tweeted about his controversial video shoot for "God Bless Amerika" in New Orleans ... saying, "I didn't step on the flag on purpose! It's a scene in a video where the flag drops behind me and after it drop it's just there as I perform."

Translation -- I swear it was an accident ... please don't hate me.

Problem is ... during the video, you can see Wayne look down on the flag at several points in the shoot ... yet continues to trample all over the stars and stripes.

So ... you buyin' Weezy's explanation?

Rich

worthless POS!!!!

Phoenicks

I've worked in music video production several times before. Wayne's excuse is 100% legit - when you're shooting a scene like that, you can't just have someone move a prop out of the way. The flag was a prop that just got in the way. Yes, he saw the flag on the ground, but when you're filming, there's nothing you can do and I can GUARANTEE that the shot they will use for the video is a waist up shot, where the flag isn't even there. Hell, if we didn't see this behind the scenes footage, you'd never know that he was stepping on the flag accidentally.

dpd677

The flag didnt fall you can see that the guy let it go. Otherwise they would have stopped shooting when it did fall. Besides you cant see all them people standing behind him until the flag drops. That was all planned and it's BS if he says anything else.

Truvow

Why is the American flag being used as a curtain? And then why is the flag dropped to the ground in the first place? Proper flag etiquette indicates the Flag should never be on the ground. And notice that no one he is singing to/at cares or even seems to understand that this whole situation is wrong...

Jessica

You can't feel the difference between stomping around on pavement and fabric?

Ctruscott

I don't care if it was an accident or not, they should have caught it before it hit the ground but if that wasn't possible they should have picked it up before he "accidentally" trampled on it. Show some respect for our country, our flag, and our troops.

tracker

I am a very petite,fit,female who was well trained in the military,i would love to get my hands on you and show you why the red stripes represent the blood that flowed from our fallen comrades...I would be proud to be the one to let your blood flow..

j

He should be mad a the Democrats that are going to cause super-duper black people un-employment when the ram through de-facto amnesty for 20million
il le-gal al-iens that twill suck any job that the black community might otherwise like to have.

Conservatives know that the Democrats that most black vote for are going to be royally screwed, but this Wayne and others want to hold on to warped ideas about whites and Conservatives, instead of seeing sothat the conservative wing of the Republican party is whose side they should be on, not the Democrats who like I said are screwing them and killing most of their babies...yes I said it. Learn your history people, not just what you have been told, because the Democrats are lying to and killing you and en-slaving you to pverty with welfare..it is all a cycle in your families and by their design. Conservatives want you to have a better life and prosper your families and encourage families with fathers that work.

Wayne is just a product of that old teaching of hate.

charl62089

Love how people bit$hin & moan about this country and yet still live here. This is NOT the only place you can live. Not happy here, move!!

Jericho Morton

So, someone turned a ghetto-blaster on with one of his 'songs' and then he stood there pretending to sing it? During which the flag (a piece on inanimate fabric made in China) was stepped on after collapsing? He has to walk on the ground, that's how humans move around. I think the flag should be arrested from infringing his sneakers rights!

laffnbear

Who would be surprised that an idiot "rapper" would lie?

Leopold butters Stotch

This guy is a goofball, he should be happy that doctors schooled in America saved his behind. Try stepping on the flag in front of Chuck Norris, you goofball. He would punch his lights out

Charles27

I used to like this guy but when you step on the American flag, I say **** you. Too many good people died defending this great country. F u dude.

Philip Cadena

this just seems like something stupid it doesnt appear to be anything this is not even worth people bitching about it i served my country and i think that there is no menace here just stupid people trying to make something out of nothin

T

Yes this is a big deal ! How,many brave men and women have died for our flag ! Someone should be there to immediatly pick the flag up as it drops - our flag should never be thrown to the grown like that let alone walked all over .. If he had a shred of respect he would know this is disrespectful !! I,don't care if its an accident / the scene should have been planned better and anyone knows the flag shouldn't touch the ground - that's why he's clearly full of sh-t .. I would have walked right up into his scene and picked up our nations symbol .. Oh and what about the lyrics ? That's pretty telling itself .. Dudes an idiot