James Gandolfini's Widow

First Photos Out ...

Running Errands

6/21/2013 4:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0621-npg-deborah-lin-shopping
James Gandolfini's widow was spotted out in public for the first time since his death, and her distraction of choice was shopping.

Deborah Lin, Gandolfini's wife of nearly 5 years, took a solo trip to a mall near their L.A. home on Friday, and went shopping at several stores ... including Bloomingdales. She also went to the bank.

According to a family spokesman ... they're working with the Italian government to get James' body back to the U.S. by next week -- and his funeral would be in New York no later than June 29.

Kay

As someone who's lost her husband Unless you've been there don't criticize her for what she's doing. there are lot of errands you have to run this time and believe me when this happens you just look for any kind of normal you can cling to. as for her not being Italy with the body there are a lot of things that have to be handle stateside in order to bring his body back for burial. it's hard enough to lose someone that is ill but completely unexpected like she did is a real horror no time to prepare.

A1A

Harvey, shame on you for posting pictures of this widow. Pictures capture less than a half second of a persons action and facial expression, and you knew perfectly well that posting any pictures of her would invite some of these horrible comments. For all of us who have lost family members to have someone take a half second slice of our daily image and post it would be horrible. I am certain with all the loss and tragedy in my life, that you could have caught me with lips upturned for a brief second, or my face into my phone texting and made me out as someone who was not totally destroyed inside. Shame, shame on Harvey.

TheEric

Clearly, she's devastated. haha...She's probably happy that she doesn't have that fat piece of **** trying to roll on top of her every night now

Katie DeAngelo

How can you call her names; they are following her, she is not trying to be famous here! Stop hating because she's a wealthy widow and your poor!

Kay

This might come as a shock to some of you being so critical But losing your husband unexpectedly has to be one of the hardest things in the world I've been there. and yes you have to go to the bank you may be grieving but people handling the arrangements for you want their money then. there is nothing she can do for him in Italy he's dead but they have a small child less then year old and things to take care of in the states to get his body back here. Try to show some compassion.

mwen

call me lame but i would be in bed and paralyzed with sadness from the sudden death of my husband.

Gretel

Did you people who think she should be in Italy ever stop to think that all of his funeral arrangements are being made here? Have you ever had to make funeral arrangements? It's hard enough for common folk, but I can't imagine all the logistics involved with celebrity funerals. Her place is here with her own children to make arrangements for the return of his body.

missnyfl

You shouldn't judge the way people grieve. She could be in denial. Plus she knows people are stalking her waiting for the "money shot."

Gerseygal

Your beloved husband dies and your shopping in Bloomies!!!! Something smells fishy!

Georgie

she don't look too broken up to me either.

bus4bud

**** off tmz and leave her alone. Losers. You are all losers and don't care about anyone. Sick.

Deborah

She's not rolling around in her grief I see. This just looks "wrong". If it had been my husband I wouldn't be able to move or think. I don't trust this woman for some reason, RIP James, you will be sadly missed.

dale12

Isn't a Widow (Deborah) allowed to shop for a dress to wear to her Husband's funeral?

Jennie Lynn Schlageter

You are kidding..this is no grieving widow!

GothamGirl

Picking on a widow is absolutely disgusting TMZ! Many widow buy sunglasses, because they are crying ALL the time! You guys suck!