Paula Deen

Food Network Blames

Paula's Abysmal PR Team

6/22/2013 1:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0621-paula-deen-food-networkPaula Deen's PR team botched her n-word apology so badly ... the Food Network had no choice but to fire her, sources close to the network tell TMZ.

According to our sources, her management's clumsy damage control -- backing out of the Matt Lauer interview and releasing multiple lame mea culpas -- was the primary reason the Food Network pulled the plug on the celebrity chef.

We're told the apology videos were the last straw -- clinching the Food Network's decision to drop the ax on her. And if you've seen the videos, it's not a big shock. (Apology 1, Apology 2)

But the silver lining ... we're told Paula's son Bobby Deen will be spared ... his Food Network show "Not My Mama's Meals" won't be affected by his mama getting the boot.

Might want to rename it though.

Pimpcessa

Seems to me, the lesson here for Paula, is....you should have LIED. You know like Lil Wayne did when he stomped all over the flag. I doubt they have her on tape saying the N word. But they do have one of her joking around with an eclair....throw her in the chipper!!! Who does she think she is, letting her hair down and having fun? Who wants to bet, everyone on set was probably laughing their butts off??

Leopold butters Stotch

Just get this old bag in the octagon and have some old black lady punch her lights out and problem solved.

Toilethead

I think the whole thing is a load of crap.

Onward

There are plenty of celebrities who have done a whole lot worse than admitting to say a word 40 years ago, and they're not being fired. They're being glorified and invited to the White House. What pandering by the Food Network. If every word that every person said in their lifetime was scrutinized, I doubt if there's one person who wouldn't regret having said something at some point that was inappropriate.

BB not bb

If it is in the past or in the present, it doesn't matter; it is a word. Words don't kill. Words are expressions. Americans have freedom of expression guaranteed in the first amendment. It is the most important amendment so it is listed first. The whole government hinges on the rights of citizens to say how they feel regardless of who is offended or hurt or against it.

People don't use that word in polite company any more. Fine but she is not here to represent anything fancy. If you talk to any run of the mill lady from GA, they probably talk just like she does. She is not some college educated and ultra liberal type. She is just a local yokel type.

Why can't people just accept others with a few flaws? Why does everyone feel entitled to judge others as if they are perfect themselves?

She's baaaack

I don't like her that much but I can't stand her offspring. The Food Network isn't nearly as good as it used to be.

shawn simmons

For the record.....I think completely that people are getting WAY too sensitive over this subject!!!....have I used the N word????yes....was it meant to be hurtful??? hell no!!!...at this point I am afraidto ask my "AFRICAN AMERICAN/CANADIAN" friends over for dinner because I make a mean fried chicken....oops that might offend them....wow people grow the **** up!!!@!@

Tammy

It is pretty obvious that have been wanting to give her the boot!! Come On it is Paula Deen, she is the type of celebrity you don't let go because of a little racial slur. Fame has gotten to this woman and she thought she was untouchable. Food Network just showed her who really is in charge!!!!

ugogurl

I don't like the mentality that says 'I'm an old southern gal, but I'm trying to do better'. Her attitude is very pervasive and ingrained. Having said that, and acknowledging that someone else may have made this same observation that I have not scrolled down far enough to read, I think it is hurtful and past time for black people to stop perpetuating the double standard of referring to themselves or each other as N*****. If you don't want to hear it, don't use it yourself. It is hard to teach kids to understand nuances and to be respectful and color blind. Please!

Danal3623

This is a pathetic example of head honchos being p****ies over "political correctness". Any white person involved in her firing I guarantee has heard friends and/or family use the word before, and wouldn't ever recommend they be fired from their job, no matter how public their position is. Pathetic pathetic p***ies are the people who pushed this through...

rhode

I haven't liked Paula Deen since I saw her push a very pregnant Giada onto a couch. I don't know if that was planed or not, but Giada had a look of surprise on her face. I can't remember what the show was called but they were on a stage demonstrating cooking in front of a large crowd.

elpablo

Why should she even apologize in the first place? It was a joke. Do people REALLY think she's racist? Give me a break! Sensitive p*ssies anymore.

idol

Dazestr

To be clear...Paula Deen didn't just use the word ******. She made her black employees use separate "black" and "white" bathrooms and had a "slave themed" wedding for her son featuring black servant "slaves." Basically immoral , racist, debasing behavior all the way around. Wonder why the media is just focusing on the use of the n word? Guess that is easier to defend for some.

elpablo

How come there are only two paul bearers at a n*ggers funeral? Because a trash can only has two handles.