Paula Deen

Going to Pot

On QVC

6/23/2013 5:43 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0621_paula_deen_tmz_article_01
If you're lookin' for Paula Deen's pots and pans, you better jump fast, because it looks like her shelf-life on QVC is about to expire.

Deen -- who appears on the product-hawking network to pitch her cookware -- may lose her platform over the "n-word" revelations.

A rep for the network says they have "concerns [over] the unfortunate Paula Deen situation."  The rep adds, "Please know that QVC does not tolerate discriminatory behavior."

Now this is the weird part, which makes QVC sound -- how do you say in English -- as spineless as deep-fried octopus.  "We are closely monitoring these events and we are reviewing our business relationship with Ms. Deen.  In the meantime, we have no immediate plans to have her appear on QVC."

Translation -- They're waiting to see which way the wind blows.

0621_paula_deen_happier_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22

Michelle

All of these people saying saying its just a word just don't understand black people, or racism. It's a verbal attack and meant to hurt and humiliate.
Go ahead and say it out loud and let someone who is black hear you. You will get promptly get cursed out.
Or a good ass kicking. The N word used from anyone non black is meant as a put down and it cuts to the bone. If you value your life or the ability to stand up straight you better bite your tongue if your tempted to use it towards someone black. It's like calling someone from your family a bad name but if someone outside your family says it to your family member you will want to hurt them, really bad. It's NOT JUST A WORD, it's a verbal attack. Only non white people REALLY understand racism. Non blacks always say blacks are over sensitive or pull the race card. But when most blacks cry foul it's usually a valid call. Don't comment about it unless you have walked in our shoes for the past 300 plus years. You don't get it and probably never will! Watch ROOTS on BET when it reruns and you will understand why we feel so strong about that ugly word; or read the book by Alex Haley.
Tolerance is the word to use.
Strike the N word from your vocabulary, EVERYONE.

ONE-LOVE, PEOPLE. ONE AMERICA, under one
flag,
Other countries hate Americans, and some Americans hate others who don't look like them.
WHY?!!! When does it stop.

kellylong5

Qvc if ukeep her u to will lose lots of money,people on the street already saying they want buy from u till Paula gone,

LogicalPosition

And Jay Z uses the N word in his music, and owns a NBA team and is a licensed sports agent?

Bob

@Michelle... You don't understand black people either. If one showed up at your house and he wasn't there to pick up your garbage or mow your lawn, you'd crap yourself. You're a loud-mouth liberal without two brain cells to rub together. Now, I'll take it all back just as soon as you link me to your rants about racism where it pertains to Jamie Foxx or any black person gleefully insulting white folks.. Give me a nice passionate screed on Obama referring to his grandmother as a typical white woman and what a lowlife turd he is. Waiting.......

Bob

@ Michelle.... PS. I don't have to walk in your shoes for the last 300 years. My ancestors purchased your ancestors from one of your own ancestors who sold you cheap. His descendents are probably in the same business today. Later, one of my ancestors died to set you free. Now, I don't really give a crap how sensitive you are to certain words. Go talk to your brothers and sisters and suggest to them that us white folks are tired of the whining, crime, generational welfare and the concept that being productive and speaking English is something to avoid. When I stop hearing the words "cracker" or "whitey" I'll give a tinkers damn what people call you.

Michelle

@ Bob... I'm of mixed race FYI, so I'm not defending anyone insulting white people either. Jamie Fox
Is a commedian, he does it for cheap laughs and that
is not OK with me either! Racial insults aren't funny, period. It's so outdated and old school... like the word whitey or honkey and cracker. Who says that anymore!
You know, It's typical that a conservative like YOU would group all blacks together by saying that we are all lazy, living on welfare, uneducated, or live a life of crime. We are as different as our shades... from light to dark.
This is why Romney lost because he and all the rest of you liberals generalize too much and JUST DON'T GET IT OR US!!!!!!
Word of the day TOLERANCE! The End.

Bob

@Michelle Who says whitey, cracker etc? Pretty much every black entertainer in America. Jamie Foxx? That's not good enough. I want you to tell us what a low-life pig he is, with the same enthusiasm you attacked this white woman. I don't lump all black people together. However, they dominate our prisons, ghettos and when I read of a mob of teenagers randomly assaulting white people or a woman beating the hell out of someone at McDonalds because there wasn't enough salt on her fries..... always turns out to be charming African Americans. What culture in America denigrates it's own members for aspiring to get an education or speak English? I don't care who wins elections. I am comfortably retired. What happens to this country is your problem. I hope this place looks like Tijuana in thirty years and your kids are steeling food to survive. Knuckleheads who come on to threads like this yapping about tolerance are always the ones most aggressively attacking someone or something.
Word of the day "THINK". Try it some time. The End

KissMint

So it's okay to say white trash (and spell out the whole word) but not okay to say N word? I'm confused.

In other parts of the world, the N word is still used. The original N word that comes of the latin N word, not the slang N word.
Sigh......

larry

In other words; don't be honest.... or your business will pay.

denise

ENOUGH!! The news media smacks of McCarthyism!
McCarthyism is the practice of making accusations of disloyalty, subversion, or treason without proper regard for evidence. It also means "the practice of making unfair allegations or using unfair investigative techniques, especially in order to restrict dissent or political criticism
Wait till the trial, or all of you so pure that a racist slur never left your lips in all your life. Harvey Levin, you should change your name to Joseph McCarthy. You whiners make me sick, I thought that we would never go thru that again.

Bob

@ Michelle.... Fact is you are arguing with someone that is a lot smarter than you. Thus the impotent name calling. Tell you what, why don't you relieve a little of that stress and go trash a McDonalds or beat the hell out of some random white woman waiting for a bus.
Have a blessed day.

jessimurphy

It goes deeper than her just using the N word, longin for the days of slavery, wanting to have a themed wedding for her brothers wedding with blacks dressed in certain attire as well as making comments about a man being dark as a board.

jessimurphy

Everyone is the same in every race good and bad & there is ignorance in every way. If every race had been and truly was in modern day treated equally we wouldn't have these issues

Peggy England

QVC,,,,,I would hope that you would have better sense than to even entertain the idea of dropping Paula Deen.....if you do make the wrong decision on this matter you will no longer have my business. This is just crazy. God knows whats in her heart and you should too....you know her yourselves and have enjoyed making money off of her....shame on you!

Charles Mayo

I think you should stay with Paula Deen products. I don't think she has did that bad and we have all did worse tan she. Thanks Charles

Previous 15 Comments | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22