Paula Deen

DROPPED

By Major Pork Company

6/24/2013 11:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0624-smithfield-paula-deen-tmz
Paula Deen has been DROPPED by Smithfield -- a company specializing in pork products.

Deen had a line of hams with Smithfield ... part of The Paula Deen Collection.

The company tells TMZ, "Smithfield condemns the use of offensive and discriminatory language and behavior of any kind."  The statement goes on ... "We are terminating our partnership with Paula Deen."

It's not the first time Paula's taken a hit from Smithfield either -- back in 2009, she took a massive Smithfield ham to the face during a charity event.

062413_paula_deen_ham_launch

Smoothjc1

That's all right I won't buy smithfield ham anyways, sense they changed hands to a Chinese company.

LOLOL

Ol' I left my career in my pr teams hands and they failed me type of diabetic.

nof

@ "'Smithfield then somewhat sanctimoniously says, "Smithfield is determined to be an ethical food industry leader and it is important that our values and those of our spokespeople are properly aligned."'
_____________________________

Hats-off to TMZ, probably Harvey himself, for writing this - it's TMZ at its' best.

AplMacLady

Btw @ Ashlyn many of those fake Jews had African slaves too. Like I said Whites are pathetic hypocrites

LOLOL

Ol' my restaurant in GA mostly serves people who wear XXL size pants type of diabetic.

haskel420

PAULA DEEN should be SUING that person that brought this 27 yr old N word drama into the media light.. I KNOW IT ISNT DEFAMATION SINCE SHE SAID ITS TRUE.. but its still ruining her lifestyle her income her livelihood

The New Improved Sock Puppet

Good luck boycotting Smithfield. Chances are, at least in the Eastern United States, if you're eating a pork product Smithfield had a hand in it. This whole thing has become a witch hunt with Paula Deen being forced to pay not only for her own insensitivity but for the insensitivity and blatant racism of just about anyone in the same genre. She always got on my last nerve but this beatdown is a crock of shlt.

LOLOL

Ol' my racist Son's show will eventually be cancelled as well type of diabetic.

Mike

A pork company doesn't want to appear racist? Seriously TMZ? What next? Are you going to call some fried chicken places for comments? How about some watermelon distributors? I could say right here that I absolutely hate all black people and wish them death and I will get banned for that comment, but TMZ uses blatant racism throughout their stories and the blacks with their average IQ of 85 don't even get it. And you wonder why we don't want you working in our businesses?

LOLOL

Ol' I like to hang the confederate flag type of diabetic.

nof

"Somewhat sanctimoniously," love that!

"Slaughterhouse drops Paula Deen."

john

she will come back stronger.. some of these companies are using the "detrimental to our product" card to get out of her contract

CN

Smithfield Hams, an American company founded in 1936 and the largest pork producer in the world... has recently been sold to the Chinese. Another reason not to buy their products.

Put that in your PD cookware and smoke it.

JFO

And the inane piling on continues! What a joke!

Truth

The lynching continues. How hypocritical can you get?