Our TV Shows

Got a Tip?

Call TMZ at (888) 847-9869 or Click Here

Paris Jackson

Guardianship Will NOT Change


6/25/2013 12:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

Paris Jackson will NOT get new guardians in the wake of her suicide attempt, but TMZ has learned Debbie Rowe is keeping a watchful eye on the situation and could mount a challenge if things get worse.

The guardianship judge had asked a probate court investigator to do some digging after the suicide attempt ... to find out if the guardians were taking proper care of Paris.  As you know, Katherine Jackson and TJ Jackson are currently co-guardians.

The report is in, and the judge has decided NOT to change the current guardianship arrangement.

TMZ has learned ... the probate court investigator met with Debbie Rowe -- who has developed an extremely strong bond with Paris -- her biological child.  Sources familiar with the situation tell TMZ ... Rowe told the investigator she believes TJ is doing a great job as guardian, despite the fact that Paris does not want a man to replace Michael Jackson and tell her what to do.

We're told Rowe also thinks Katherine has done a good job, especially considering her age and health.

But Rowe made it clear ... if the situation gets worse, she will file legal docs for guardianship.  For now, however, Rowe believes the guardianship works fine.



No Avatar

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7


wasnt debbie rowe the same woman who sold her parental rights to michael jackson in the first place and now want to be in paris life... please. Her suicide attempt comes from a hissy fit which a lot of teenager pull when they dont get their way. Dont get me wrong since paris acted on suicide she really needs helps but all teenage girls throw fits and talk back so why TJ rights need to be taken away?

450 days ago


Prince Michael Jackson At Court, Expected To Testify In Negligence Trial In Father’s Death

Posted on Jun 26, 2013 @ 10:36AM | By radarstaff

Prince Michael Jackson I Wednesday was spotted entering a Los Angeles court to testify in his family’s wrongful death trial against AEG Live LLC, and we’ve got the details for you right here on

The precocious 16-year-old, who is named as a plaintiff in the case, wore a suit into the hearing, in which he’s expected to speak about his father’s June 25, 2009 death for the first time in public.

PHOTOS: Shocking Evidence Found In Michael Jackson’s Bedroom

Prince, the late King of Pop’s oldest child, was famously called into the room that day by now-incarcerated Dr. Conrad Murray.

450 days ago


They’re Going To Kill Me’: Prince Michael Jackson Tells Court His Father Feared Concert Promoter AEG

Posted on Jun 26, 2013 @ 9:36PM | By radarstaff

Prince Michael Jackson, 16, told jurors that his father Michael Jackson complained that concert promoter AEG was “killing him” in the days before his death four years ago.

Michael Jackson often cried after talking to AEG Live executives as he prepared for his comeback concerts, his oldest son testified Wednesday.

“After he got off the phone, he would cry,” Prince Jackson testified, recalling phone conversations between his dad and AEG LIve CEO Randy Phillips and his ex-manager, Dr. Tohme Tohme.

“He would say, ‘They’re going to kill me, they’re going to kill me.’”

He also testified that Phillips visited Jackson’s rented Holmby Hills, Calif., mansion during the night before his death.

“He was grabbing his elbow,” Prince said. “It looked aggressive to me. He was grabbing by the back of his elbow and they were really close and he was making hand motions.”

The eldest son of the pop star also testified that he saw his dad “hanging off the bed” with Dr. Conrad Murray performing CPR on the fateful day he died in 2009. At the time, Prince was aged 12.

He also told court that his sister, Paris, who recently attempted to take her own life, had developed emotional issues after being deposed in the billion dollar wrongful death lawsuit against AEG.

PHOTOS: Paris Jackson Testifies In Videotaped Deposition

Prince Michael Jackson I Wednesday was spotted entering a Los Angeles court to testify in his family’s wrongful death trial against AEG Live LLC, and we’ve got the details for you right here on

The precocious 16-year-old, who is named as a plaintiff in the case, wore a suit into the hearing, in which he’s expected to speak about his father’s June 25, 2009 death for the first time in public.

PHOTOS: Shocking Evidence Found In Michael Jackson’s Bedroom

Prince, the late King of Pop’s oldest child, was famously called into the room that day by now-incarcerated Dr. Conrad Murray.

449 days ago


Jackson's teenage son describes upbringing, death
By ANTHONY McCARTNEY | Associated Press – 14 minutes ago..

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Michael Jackson's oldest son described the frantic efforts to revive his father to a jury, a scene of tears and agony that ended a dozen idyllic years being raised by one of pop music's superstars.

Michael Joseph "Prince" Jackson Jr. told the panel Wednesday how he knew there was trouble in the singer's rented mansion when heard screaming upstairs and went into his father's bedroom. His father was laying halfway off the bed, eyes rolled up into the back of his head as his physician tried CPR.

His sister Paris screamed for her father and Prince, now 16, told jurors that he was crying. On the ride to a hospital, the teenager recounted how he tried to calm the fears of his sister and younger brother by telling them that angels were watching over their father and everything would be fine.

It wasn't until his father's doctor, Conrad Murray, came out of the emergency room and said he had died that Prince knew his father was gone.

"Nothing will ever be the same," the teenager told jurors. He said while his younger brother doesn't totally realize the loss, his sister has had the hardest time of them all and he has had many sleepless nights since his father died four years ago.

His voice wavered at times and tears appeared to form in his eyes, but Prince remained composed as he publicly recounted for the first time what he saw the day his father died.

The re-telling of the scene in Jackson's bedroom came after nearly an hour of Prince describing happier times, showing photos of him and his sister when they were younger and a series of videos of the children filmed by their father.

He testified in a lawsuit accusing concert promoter AEG Live LLC of negligently hiring Murray, who was later convicted of involuntary manslaughter for giving Jackson an overdose of the anesthetic propofol.

AEG denies it hired the physician or bears any responsibility for the entertainer's death.

Wearing a black suit with a dark grey tie and his long brown hair tucked behind his ears, Prince testified that he saw AEG Live CEO Randy Phillips at the family's rented mansion in a heated conversation with Murray in the days before his father died. The teenager said Phillips grabbed Murray's elbow.

Phillips "looked aggressive to me," Prince testified.

His father wasn't at home at the time and was probably rehearsing, he said.

He said he saw his father cry after phone conversations with Phillips, and wanted more time to rehearse and was unhappy with pressure to perform his 50 scheduled comeback concerts titled "This Is It."

Murray's attorney Valerie Wass and AEG defense attorney Marvin S. Putnam later denied outside court that the meeting Prince described ever happened.

Putnam said Prince would be re-called to the witness stand during the defense case later in the trial.

"I think as the testimony will show when he is called in our defense that's not what happened," Putnam said. "He was a 12-year-old boy who has had to endure this great tragedy."

The testimony began with the teenager showing jurors roughly 15 minutes of private family photos and home videos.

He described growing up on Neverland Ranch and narrated videos of the property's petting zoos, amusement park and other amenities. After his father's acquittal of child molestation charges, Prince described living in the Middle East, Ireland and Las Vegas.

Prince is the first Jackson family member to testify during the trial, now in its ninth week. On Thursday his cousins, TJ and Taj Jackson, who are Tito Jackson's sons, will take the witness stand.

Prince Jackson, his sister Paris-Michael Katherine Jackson and brother Prince Michael "Blanket" Jackson are plaintiffs in the case against AEG, which their grandmother and primary caretaker filed in August 2010.

Another image showed Michael Jackson playing piano with his son while Prince was still a toddler.

Plaintiffs' attorney Brian Panish asked Prince whether he was interested in pursuing a career in music. "I can never play an instrument and I definitely cannot sing," Prince said to laughter from the jury.

He said he wanted to study film or business when he goes to college.

His testimony also included details that AEG's lawyers will likely point to later in the case to bolster their contention that Jackson was secretive about using propofol as a sleep aid.

Prince said none of the household staff were allowed upstairs at the mansion, and the singer kept his bedroom locked while receiving treatments from Murray.

During cross-examination, Putnam played a clip from a deposition of Prince in which the teen said he discovered the bedroom was locked when he and his siblings were playing hide-and-seek and couldn't get inside.

Prince also said his father gave him and his sister Paris a stack of $100 bills on a few occasions to give to Murray. He said his father told him that Murray wouldn't take the money from him, and the doctor wouldn't take the full amount from the children.

The teenager said his understanding was that the money was meant to tide Murray over until he got paid by AEG Live.

He never saw or knew how Murray was treating his father.

"I was 12. To my understanding he was supposed to make sure my dad stayed healthy," Prince testified.

449 days ago


L.A. Times
06/27/2013 12:20 PM EPT

For Michael Jackson fan, covering trial is her duty

Michael Jackson fans who have been attending the AEG-civil trial, from left, Laura Sherwood, Dexter Calderbank, Taaj Malik, and Carolyn Owens-Horton. (Katie Falkenberg / Los Angeles Times) More photos

Taaj Malik has thousands following her on Twitter and visiting her website. She and others are go-to sources for those suspicious about the mainstream media.

By Corina Knoll and Jeff Gottlieb

June 27, 2013

She takes two buses to get to the courthouse each day and depends on donations from fans to run her website.

She has no formal training as a journalist but for tens of thousands — maybe multitudes more — she is the oracle for all things Michael.

Inside the cramped downtown Los Angeles courtroom each weekday, Taaj Malik furiously taps away at her iPad as the Michael Jackson wrongful-death case unfolds, taking notes for a transcript she will later post on a website crammed with court do***ents, autopsy reports, links to court exhibits, salutes to Jackson and an occasional plea for money. Thousands visit the website daily.

With nearly 40,000 following her "Team Michael Jackson" Twitter account, the 52-year-old Malik blasts out tweets during breaks and keeps up a running dialogue with followers.

"It was a great day to watch that roach squirm on the stand, Hes adapting many personalities, none r working cause ever1 can see he's a #LIAR," she writes as one witness is grilled.

"What a pair of MUPPETS," she snaps after two ranking music executives testify.

When a follower thanks her for the stream of information from the courtroom, Malik deflects it quickly. "No, dear... Its my duty with Michael and the truth! Dont say thank you! :)."

The Orange County resident, who ran a housekeeping business until she was injured in a car accident in January, climbs out of bed at 4 a.m. to begin her trek downtown. She is part of a worldwide fan community consumed with the minute details about the King of Pop, fully primed to feast on the latest legal entanglement to invoke his memory.

Michael Jackson appears in a scene from the movie "This Is It." (Kevin Mazur) More photos

The wrongful-death trial is playing out in a courtroom with seats for only a handful of observers selected each morning via lottery. Most days the few available slots go quickly and Malik — along with much of the print and television media — is herded off to an overflow room to watch the proceedings on a closed-circuit feed.

There is no televised coverage of the trial, so fans are left to search for what details they can find on Twitter, Facebook and — if they must — the mainstream media. Jackson fan forums and websites have been in full gear since the trial began two months ago.

"Ultimately it's a thirst for knowledge," said Pez Greaves of British-based fan club MJ Vibe, which produces a quarterly magazine dedicated to Jackson.

At fan site Positively Michael, a forum was created exclusively for this trial. Volunteer site administrator Lynn Mathis, who is based in Indiana, is not attending the trial but she uploads a mix of articles for visitors to dissect, such as "Was Michael Jackson Really Worth $40 Billion?" and "Rumored use of Michael Jackson body doubles could be raised in trial."

"We post a lot of news items and perspectives on both sides of all people involved," she said. "We sort of take the position of do your due diligence, read and make your decisions for yourself. Our guests spike when there's a trial because we have a reputation of having objective coverage."

For those suspicious about the mainstream media — and many Jackson fans seem to be — someone like Malik is a go-to source. For some, her tweets serve as real-time dispatches from the civil trial.

Although Malik has her critics, she receives praise from those who consider her an ally in the ongoing fight to protect Jackson's reputation. Katherine Jackson, the pop singer's mother, knows Malik though she is unfamiliar with her tweets or Web page because she does not use the Internet, a family attorney said.

Malik lives off a legal settlement from the car accident — she said back injuries from the accident left her unable to continue work as a housekeeper — and her mother and an aunt send her regular allowances.

She created her website in January 2011 when preliminary hearings for the Conrad Murray case were taking place. Her mother, who lives in Britain, gave her $30,000 to buy and post the court transcripts for those hearings. Malik later sent in daily transcripts of the trial, which ended with the doctor convicted of involuntary manslaughter for giving Jackson a fatal dose of propofol, a powerful anesthetic typically reserved for surgical procedures.

The current civil trial, which promises to offer a panorama of Jackson's final days, feels special to Malik.

Fans of the late Michael Jackson stand outside the Airport Courthouse during the trial of Dr. Conrad Murray. (Don Bartletti / Los Angeles Times) More photos

"This one means everything to me," she said, "more than Conrad Murray because the charges were an insult. I mean, involuntary manslaughter? This trial is definitely bringing out the truth."

Malik was born in Pakistan and she lived there until she was a teen, when she moved to Staffordshire in central England with her family. She later married a fellow Jackson fan (he got the albums and CDs when they divorced).

She saw Jackson for the first time in 1988 at a sold-out concert at Wembley Stadium in London. Malik said she was so stretched for money she sewed herself a white shirt and fake leather jacket to fit in with the crowd.

"I can still see that concert, the dancing," she recalled. "It was empowering."

She caught a glimpse of Jackson again years later when he arrived in England to accept an award, a moment that is also chiseled in her memory. He arrived in a black limousine with guards striding alongside the vehicle and then stepped out into the evening. "Tears started coming out of my eyes," she said.

By the time she arrived in the U.S. in 2009 , she had five children and a second marriage that was falling apart. Weeks later, Jackson died and the fan in Malik took over. She drove to the Holmby Hills mansion where Jackson had been found unresponsive in his bedroom, and then to the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.

Her devotion to Jackson's legacy — "advocacy," she calls it — has poured forth ever since, earning her followers around the world and a support team in the courthouse.

"I only rely on Taaj's website. It's unbiased news," said 37-year-old Dana Brenklin, a film production assistant who discusses the trial on a radio show she hosts on the Web.

Michael Jackson arrives at the Santa Barbara County courthouse with his mother, Katherine, in May 2005, during his trial on child-molestation charges. (Matthew Simmons) More photos

We want to know what happened at the house, at the rehearsals, how they were treating him."
— Julia Thomas

Brenklin shows up for the trial most days, joining a small community of Jackson fans who band together at the courthouse to discuss the case and greet the matriarch of the Jackson family with hugs when she arrives. One day they all sported black T-shirts with Katherine Jackson's face and the words, "We support you."

They see it as vital — and consider themselves lucky — to bear witness to the case without it being filtered through traditional print and television reporters.

In the Murray trial, the defendant was the Las Vegas doctor who treated Jackson. This case introduced a new villain: the music industry.

"Did u tell any1esle Mr JAXN is paralyzed self loathing mess? May have said it 2few people in my firm," Malik tweeted as a top music executive was quizzed on the witness stand about a colorful email he wrote describing Jackson's erratic behavior before a 1999 London news conference.

A full collection of emails between the people overseeing Jackson's comeback tour, in which the performer is described as a "freak" and "in need of a shrink," is posted on Malik's Web page, with a promise of more to come.

For people like Julia Thomas, a 40-year-old high school office administrator who obsessively trolls the Internet for Jackson news and reads Malik's tweets for updates, the trial is revealing Jackson as a victim of those he trusted most.

"We want to know what happened at the house, at the rehearsals, how they were treating him," said Thomas, who lives near Rialto.

Still, the civil proceedings have left fans torn over the lawsuit filed by Katherine Jackson and her grandchildren accusing AEG of being complicit in the entertainer's death. Some see AEG as the cold conglomerate that mercilessly pushed a frail, aging man to perform while others see the suit as an attempt to squeeze more profits from Jackson's stardom.

For all those who faithfully follow Malik or visit her Web page, there are others who see her as a fan obsessed. Her brother and sister are among them.

"They think I'm crazy, that I need to leave it alone and get on with my life."

Her mother, she said, feels differently.

"She knows I'm all about the truth."

449 days ago


'They're going to kill me,' Michael Jackson told son

By Alan Duke, CNN

updated 8:03 AM EDT, Thrus June 27, 2013

Prince Jackson testifies against AEG

NEW: "Sorry kids, your dad's dead," Prince Jackson says Dr. Conrad Murray told him
Paris was "hit the hardest because she was my dad's princess," Prince says
Prince describes "aggressive" encounter between AEG head and Dr. Murray
The wrongful death trial of AEG Live is in its ninth week in a Los Angeles courtroom

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Michael Jackson often cried after talking to AEG Live executives as he prepared for his comeback concerts, his oldest son testified Wednesday.

"After he got off the phone, he would cry," Prince Jackson testified. "He would say 'They're going to kill me, they're going to kill me.'"

His father told him he was talking about AEG Live CEO Randy Phillips and his ex-manager, Dr. Tohme Tohme, Prince said.

Prince, 16, began his testimony Wednesday morning in his family's wrongful death lawsuit against Jackson's last concert promoter, AEG Live.

His first 30 minutes on the stand were filled with videos and photographs of Jackson with his children, but then the questioning by Jackson lawyer Brian Panish focused on the last weeks of his father's life.

Michael Jackson's children in the spotlight

Doctor: Jackson had no REM sleep

Paris: Michael said nanny 'lied a lot'

Compare Michael Jackson in 2001 to 2009
Prince testified that Phillips visited Jackson's rented Los Angeles mansion and spoke aggressively to Dr. Conrad Murray the night before his father's death.

"He was grabbing his elbow," Prince said. "It looked aggressive to me. He was grabbing by the back of his elbow and they were really close and he was making hand motions."

He couldn't hear what Phillips was saying to Murray, he said.

Michael Jackson was not there because he was at his last rehearsal, Prince said. He called his father from the security guard shack telephone to let him know Phillips was there. His father asked him to offer Phillips food and drink.

Prince said that was his last conversation with his father.

"Sorry kids, your dad's dead"

Prince recounted the day his father died four years ago. He saw his father "hanging halfway off the bed, his eyes were rolled back," when he ran into the bedroom where Dr. Murray was doing CPR in a futile effort to revive him, he said.

Paris followed him up the stairs, "but we kept pulling her down the stair," he said.

"She was screaming the whole time saying she wants her daddy," he said.

At the hospital later, Dr. Murray told them "Sorry kids, your dad's dead," Prince testified.

Prince was 12 when the pop icon died, but he said his father confided in him about whom he trusted and didn't trust and what he feared as he prepared for his comeback concerts.

Michael Jackson's three children -- Prince, Paris and Blanket -- and their grandmother Katherine Jackson are plaintiffs in the lawsuit, which contends AEG Live is liable in Jackson's death because the company hired, retained or supervised Murray, the doctor convicted of involuntary manslaughter.

Murray told investigators he gave Jackson nightly infusions of the surgical anesthetic propofol to treat his insomnia. The coroner ruled the singer died of an overdose of the drug.

AEG Live executives allegedly created a medical conflict of interest that pressured Murray to pursue the dangerous treatments so Jackson would be rested for rehearsals, while ignoring warning signs that his health was failing, Jackson family lawyers argue.

AEG Live lawyers contend that it was Jackson who chose and controlled the doctor and that company executives had no way of knowing what treatments Murray was delivering.

Prince Jackson's 16th birthday gift: A career

AEG Live lead lawyer Marvin Putnam's cross-examination of Prince lasted just 25 minutes. It centered on trying to discredit his testimony about Phillips' visit to his home and about cash payments that Prince said his father gave Murray at times.

Prince stood by his story about the Phillips and Murray encounter, although he conceded it could have been two nights before his father's death and not the last night.

The toll of losing their father

Prince's testimony gave Jackson lawyers a chance to show jurors the emotional toll suffered by Jackson's children, which they would have to put a dollar figure on if they conclude AEG Live is liable in their father's death.

"I can't sleep at night," Prince said. "I have a hard time sleeping." The death left him "emotionally distant from a lot of people" for a while, he said.

He's missed sharing with his father "the first day of going to school, having the first girlfriend, being able to drive," Prince testified.

While Paris Jackson's suicide attempt and hospitalization was not brought up in court -- and it is unclear if jurors learned about it in the news -- Prince did speak about his sister.

"I think out of all of my siblings she was probably hit the hardest because she was my dad's princess," he said.

Prince said the questioning of Paris by AEG Live lawyers over two days in March was painful for her. "She had some problems before, after and, I assume, during," he said.

"She definitely is dealing with it in her own way," her brother said.

Paris, who was 11 when her father died, is not available to testify in person in court because she is hospitalized for psychiatric treatment.

While he and his sister no longer want to celebrate birthdays because "it's not the same without" their father, Blanket, now 11, does, Prince said.

"Right now, I don't know if Blanket realizes what he lost," he said. "He was so young. He is still growing up just like I am and he doesn't have a father to guide him."

AEG Live attempted to compel Blanket, the youngest child, to testify, but the judge rejected its request after a psychologist said it would harm the boy.

Changing the world?

Jurors watched a home video of Michael Jackson questioning his three children about how they planned "to change the world" when they grow up.

Prince testified that the video was made at Christmas.

"What's Christmas mean?" Jackson is heard asking his children.

"Love," Blanket responded.

"Who's Blanket going to be to change this world?" Jackson asked.

"I don't know," Blanket, who appeared to be about 5 at the time, answered.

"What does Paris want to do? Be honest search your heart," Jackson said.

"Help the poor," she answered. Paris also said she would like to be a gymnast.

Prince told his father he aspired to be a movie director and architect because he liked "making things."

Private details revealed

Prince, who said his grade point average is 3.68 at the private school in Sherman Oaks, California, at the end of his sophomore year. He is a member of the National Honors Society and received artistic awards at school, he said.

His extracurricular activities include martial arts and working as a mechanic in his school's robotics program, he said. He wants to attend the University of Southern California to study film and business, he said.

His father taught him how "the great ones" made movies, including how to "find shots." He gave him a lens that hung on a necklace that showed what a shot would look like, he said.

Prince said while his school requires a certain amount of community service, he's does more than that. He volunteers at Children's Hospital in Los Angeles in a program that delivers books to young patients "to keep their minds off their problems."

His father "always said you should give back to the community and help out as much as you can," Prince said.

The jury was shown video of Jackson and his children at the Neverland Ranch where they lived until moving after Jackson was acquitted in a child molestation trial.

The family moved after the court case "because there were complications," Prince said. "They ruined it for my dad."

One video showed a giraffe and several alpacas in the Neverland Zoo. "I never really went near them because they would spit on us," Prince said.

The video also showed the carnival rides at Neverland. "We only went there and to the zoo on special occasions because my dad wanted us to remain humble," he said.

When shown a photo of his father sitting with him at a piano, Prince said "I can never play an instrument and I definitely can't sing."

The trial is in its ninth week and is expected to last until August.

449 days ago


she doesn't need to be anywhere need Paris. Up here FEEDING Tmz and being juvenile and making racist jokes, nope

448 days ago


She should have taken action long ago! Afterall she is the girl's mother.

447 days ago


355 days ago


for anyone repeating over and over "Michael did not leave the kids to Debbie in his will... Parents don't leave children to the other parent. Debbie could exercise her parental rights anytime she feels it necessary. I assume she does not want to separate her children from their little brother, so they are all together with grandma. If you are an MJ fan, please watch this instead of attacking the childrens mother, I assure you MJ would appreciate this.

355 days ago
Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

Around The Web