Elisabeth Hasselbeck

Peace, View!

7/9/2013 4:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0709-elisabeth-hasselbeck-getty
Joy Behar isn't the only one jumping ship on "The View" ... Elisabeth Hasselbeck is also bailing on ABC's daytime talk show.

Fox just released a statement, saying Hasselbeck will be replacing Gretchen Carlson on "Fox & Friends." A rep for ABC said Hasselbeck's last day on "The View" will be Wednesday.

Barbara Walters also released a statement, saying, "We have had 10 wonderful years with Elisabeth, and she will now be swimming in new waters. We will miss her and wish her everything good."

It's unclear who will replace Hasselbeck on the show ... but there are rumors Brooke Shields is being tapped for the job.

Elisabeth is expected to join "Fox & Friends" in September. As for Carlson ... you haven't seen the last of her on Fox News -- she's getting her own daytime show starting in the fall.

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

superchicken

I admire her courage for standing up to 10 years of liberal filth while keeping her dignity and femininity.

JBrae

I don't know how it is going to work out for her. The only place she gets her news from is Fox. So what is she going to do regurgitate the vomit she just ate? Well she doesn't start until September. She can read one flip book by then, I hope. Anyway, good luck Elisabeth you are going to need it. Oh no you wont it's just Fox "news".

randomnone

Good, now i can pvr the View again. Pheww. Elizabeth will not survive the hatred at Fox. She is a wannabe hater but she could do that because she was around decent people. Not she is going to the jungle, the other bottle blondes will eat her alive! Love it

ctcco

Good riddance! What a bit-ch.

baybek8s

The View Crew knew this when Barbara W. and Joy B. announced they were leaving. There was no need to be deceitful. Honesty is ALWAYS the best policy! Deuces to you all.

Lala

NO BROOKE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... PLEASE DON'T DO IT!!!!!

YOU ARE WAAAAAAAAAY TO CLASSY TO BE ON THE VIEW!!!!!

RUN BROOKE... RUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!

Elizabeth

There was a rumour a few month's ago remember about Elisabeth leaving the view and she and Barbara denied it on air- now she tell's people that she is leaving the show, for another.

jg59

Finally! I don't know how her husband listens to that irritating voice every day. I can't stand it for the hour the show is on.

mspritzee

I AM SO GLAD TO SEE THAT CONSERVATIVE EXTREMIST LEAVE! NOt surprised she is going to FOX! SHE SHOULD FIT RIGHT IN! AFTERALL THIS EXTREMIST INSERTS HER OPINIONS IN WAYS tHAT ARE VERY INAPPROPRIATE! SOOOOOO GLAD SHE IS GONE! I DON't HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT SEEING HER ANNOYING RUMP EVER AGAIN! I DO NOT WATCH FOX!

mspritzee

GOOD RIDDANCE!!!!!!!!!!!! SO GLAD THAT EXTREMIST CONSERVATIVE IS GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is going to join fox who by all accounts are not favorable to people of color! So she will fit right in!

Graycat in CA

And you thought Michelle Bachman was bat-sh*t crazy, give Elizabeth some time to find herself on Fox... in that environment wow ... this should be interesting in a how-low-can-you-go sort of way.

a long time Leno fan!

On the TMZ picture (my eyes are burning right now)
That insincere and completely manufactured banter about being a supposed "stout lefty conservative" makes me wish I had never even heard that voice so that my ears could stop burning and keep my ears from ringing right now.. the thought of such a travesty taking place? who's to blame for this??

OG

Ignorant liberals dislike her because she tells the truth. I used to be stupid like you guys.

Bean

The View it self needs to be cancelled. It has needed too for years. I will not watch Fox anymore! It has become so useless. Any network that give's the most annoying family member of k-trash and the jenners a show should be fired!! I refuse to watch CRAP!!

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9