Whitney Houston's Daughter

I'M ENGAGED!

... and He's NOT My Brother

7/10/2013 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0709-bobbi-kristina-nick-gordon-tmz
Whitney Houston
's daughter Bobbi Kristina is OFFICIALLY ENGAGED ... but she wants everyone to know it's not an incest thing -- 'cause her future hubby is not her BIOLOGICAL brother.

BK posted the announcement on Facebook early this morning ... saying she's set to tie the knot with Nick Gordon ... the guy who Whitney brought into the family home and helped raise at an early age.

FYI -- Whitney referred to Nick as her "son" ... but never legally adopted him.

"YES, we me nick [sic] are engaged," Bobbi wrote ... "I'm tired of hearing people say 'eww your engaged to your brother or if Whitney was still alive would we be together or would she approve of this.'"

"Let me clear up something, we aren't even real brother and sister nor is he my adoptive brother. My mom never adopted him. In fact, mommy was the one who even said that she knew that we were going to start dating."

She continues, "My mom knows me better than any of you. A lot of yall are saying that yall are only saying this all out of love. Which is bull because if that was so, all you would want is for me to be happy."

"People need to seriously stop judging my relationship. Pretty sure it's my own decision who I want to be with. Yes, my relationship may not be perfect. We will have rough patches, just like every other relationship. And we have had our rough patches. You may or may not agree with my relationship. You may or may not respect it. Judge me, go ahead. Your opinions are yours and mine are mine. It is my life and not yours. The decisions I make have nothing to do with you. Goodnight."

Congrats?

Deco

Sounds like me when I was young..... I did listen to one person though Dr Joyce Brothers way back in the 70's, anyway I didn't marry my high school sweet heart. SOooooo Glad for that

Buck Boy

She is BY FAR the best train wreck in America today. If she didn't think the world owed her she might be sympathetic because her entire family looks to her as the last potential of a cash cow.

Memphisgirl

Just dumb! I watched her show and he was so not into her. IMO, he came off as fake! He was evening hitting on other girls in front of her! I guess dumb and dumber deserve each other! I hope she uses some of her moms money and gets that gap closed before her wedding day!

jillymayr

this is very disturbing

Truth

Bobby Brown with boobs. Just a matter of time before she ends up broke and in jail.

SDnRnRoll

What happened to her middle tooth? I thought rich folk take care of cosmetic things like that.

MrsKWill

If you have to justify and defend the relationship...that should speak volumes.

VICKY

Does she think anyone actually cares about her? She has fooled herself (which would not be hard to do) into thinking he loves her....and is not with her just for the money she may have inherited from her mother. This gal should get her teeth fixed if she is going to continue to seek out the press.....who wants to look at a toothless idiot?

JFO

And the downward slide continues ......

Kelly

Nippy dead!

JOEY

Dont be stupid, get a PRE-NUP

Kelly

Hey, y'all. "We aren't even real brother and sister." This is girl is a total trainwreck. She re-invents the word trainwreck. I don't even think Lilo would f-yoo-see-kay her own brother.

Snowman with a Turnip Nose

Didn't she participate in a reality show and in some of Oprah Pimp-frey's "feel good TV" BS? People who prostitute their private lives on television can't complain about the public "judging" them like this afterwards. They have no respect for their own privacy, therefore they can't demand it from others. Attention whores don't get to choose whether the attention is positive or negative. It's as simple as that!

Sandra

All I can say is this chick needs to get her teeth fixed big time!!!! I'm sure she has mommy's money and it doesn't take forever to get those front teeth fixed! She would look 100% better if she just went to a dentist!

hmpf