George ZImmerman

NOT GUILTY

7/14/2013 9:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0712-george-zimmerman-getty-acquitted
George Zimmerman
 has just been found NOT GUILTY.

A jury of six women returned the verdict moments ago in a Florida courtroom, acquitting Zimmerman of 2nd degree murder, as well as the lesser charge of manslaughter, in the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin. If he had been convicted, Zimmerman faced up to life in prison.

The not guilty verdict means the jury found Zimmerman acted in self-defense -- in other words, he justifiably used deadly force and reasonably believed that such force was necessary to prevent either his own death or great bodily harm to himself.

Zimmerman was charged after shooting and killing Martin in a Florida suburb in 2012.

Zimmerman -- a community watchman -- claimed he shot Trayvon in self-defense after Trayvon attacked him. Trayvon was unarmed at the time.

A firestorm of media attention has surrounded the case from the beginning -- with many celebs like Spike Lee, Roseanne Barr and LeBron James claiming the shooting was racially motivated.

The jury has spoken, but we still gotta ask ...

Terri

He will always have to watch his back!!!

Mike L

Nice! Justice has been served. Screw all of you haters. TM was a thug, and deserved exactly what he got.

marchetti

that's some bull****

Witchy

Unfortunately I think a race war has begun. People are majorly pissed about this verdict, so much that there are death threats on twitter. I think Zimmerman will be dead before long because there are too many pissed off people, and some who are too blinded by revenge.

Robin

To all that thinks it was ok for Zimmerman to kill a17 yr old let's hope it not your kid he kills next.

Lucky_130

I wonder if George Zimmer got his suits at the Men's Wherehouse, it looks as though he really likes the way he looks

Sandi

Not Guilt! Yea! All the way!
I am proud of the jurors!
And this is not a black thing.

Vam

Really now? I mean, watching the trial I understand him not getting the 2nd degree murder charge, but not even a manslaughter charge? Oye.

Hugh

I bet he would've been found guilty if he'd taken the stand and I wish he would have.

bob

Stand you ground law
legal precedent is set...
start a fight and if the person gets the better of you just kill him, It's OK now

Bob is a white guy

BB not bb

Thank God. Look at the peace and joy on his face. America is not dead yet, despite the best efforts of the cadaver Al Sharkton and Jesse Jerkson. The hell with these race baiting devils. I am sick of it.

God came through for George. Praise the Lord. He said whatever is happening is God's will. It should be a wake up call to all whites and non-Negroes as to what the Negroes think of them and what they will do to them if given the chance.

DO NOT GIVE THEM THE CHANCE. Praise the Lord.

AMateToTalkTo

The right verdict was looked for. The right verdict for the evidence was given. Like it or not, the decision has been made. Get over it and live on.

shannon

I would honestly kill him myself.

firebaby

casey anthony, george zimmerman... um, wtf 'murrika? since when was it okay to kill children???

ShayS

I don't know how to feel about this....mixed emotions.