Mariah Carey

My Gimp Arm ...

IS FABULOUS

7/15/2013 9:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0715_mariah_carey_splint_launch_v3This is painful ... Mariah Carey was so self-conscious about wearing a sling on stage this weekend in NYC, she tried to disguise her broken wing with ridiculous fashion accessories -- but it completely backfired.

Mariah -- who dislocated her shoulder while filming a music video earlier this month -- performed at the MLB All-Star Charity Concert Saturday night in 3 different outfits ... which included 3 matching sling disguises, including a weird superhero feather arm, and something that resembled a giant Q-tip.

The problem ... rather than divert attention away from her injury, the disguises made it way more obvious.

A giant Q-tip does sound very useful though.

Dead account Delete at will

the one on the left isn't horrible. the other two are a lil over the top but hey, whatever makes her feel comfortable and able to perform for her fans.

WLou

Did she do her own hair with her one arm? If not, she needs to fire her hairstylist.

mrharrybawls2012

Used to like Carey, but she has completely lost it after her nervous breakdown in 2001.

lalaluvu

I think she looks nice. As a performer, she's jazzing it up. The only slings stores sell anyway are a hideous blue and white...not even solid black!! Silly to pick on her.

Spunky Funk

Locked in Mariah's wine cellar all I had for lunch
Was red wine, more red wine and captain crunch
Red wine for breakfast and for brunch
And to soak it up an in-between snack crackers to munch.

Stiletto

Must have strained it carrying her inflated ego around.

CHRISTY Q

it didn't backfire, i think it was a cute idea, and celebs or anyone in costume do this all the time. TMZ hating as usual. she was having fun with it. GO MARIAH!

Michael

TMZ, your ridiculous negative spin on the most benign observations for page clicks is as blatant as it is annoying. This story has been reported so many other sites without any hint of condescension. Personally, I think it is great she continued the show despite her injury. Moreover, I think it is fun that she bedazzled (and otherwise made interesting) a boring sling. Just because you don't like a person doesn't mean everything they do is negative. TMZ, you should grow up and stop trying to malign celebrities in order to generate clicks.

DMLC

Loved the Qtip quote at the end!!

I never really like her-- seemed so fake to me. After she found out she was pregnant she constantly whined about it. It amazes me that some people treat being pregnant is like having a disease.....LOL

Kim Lores Bodaglo

I will never understand why people have to adorn themselves with dead animals. She's thoughtless and a narcissist. Can't stand her.

samson

I don't see how those "disguises" made it more obvious. The alternative would have been a very plain white or beige sling. You don't think that would have stuck out just as much if not more?

Gissy

I love Mariah and I love what she did!! It would just look wrong to do it any other way, for her!!

YouDontSay

I love it!

OttawaMan

What makes you think she would want to disguise it? She's just accessorizing.

FlamingoNut

If Lady Gaga can have a blinged out wheelchair, then Mariah can have a blinged out sling.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments