Whitney Houston

Tombstone Etched with

Most Famous Lyrics

7/15/2013 12:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0711-whitney-houston-grave-tmzWhen you think of Whitney Houston you think ... "I Will Always Love You"  -- and now you always will, because it's engraved on her tombstone.

Whitney's grave at Fairview Cemetery in Westfield, New Jersey was finally given a headstone last week, after sitting vacant since her death in 2012.

The epitaph on the new heart-shaped marker reads: "Whitney E. Houston Aug. 9, 1963 -- Feb. 11 2012 ... THE VOICE ... 'I Will Always Love You'."

Interestingly, while Whitney made "I Will Always Love You" famous in "The Bodyguard" -- it was written, and originally performed, by Dolly Parton.

If you're thinking they should've gone with lyrics from "Greatest Love of All" ... "Saving All My Love for You" ... or "I'm Every Woman" -- yeah, she didn't write those either.

Whitney is buried next to her father ... per her wishes.

0213_remembering_whitney_houston_footer

overit123

I surely would have thought it would've been- people, do not do drugs!

Kelly

And I was sure they'd go with, "Nippy Dead!"

Moyra

That song belongs to Dolly Parton.

steve

I have a tattoo on my arm of my 27 year old daughter who dies two yea ago. Above her head I had the artist write these words( I WILL ALWAY ) and then under her chin I had him write ( LOVE YOU) . These 5 words along with her tattoo have some how help to ease the suffering for her loss.

Crabby

I must say I am shocked that her grave site is so barren. Her weirdo family should get some plush green sod planted and make it look pretty for Whitney.After all it is her final resting place. Love her or hate her Whitney had a gift that brought a LOT of joy to a lot of people when she was still capable of performing. May she RIP.

DEP

Sinatra was "The Voice"

Demented

You, Loretta, Dolly,Diana, and the queen, Billy Holiday. Billy had something that no on else had...they have no talent today...I remember you in striped socks, singin ' oh I want dance with somebody, I was so young, mom would let me buy Motown music, but I listened and danced with my girlfriends, and some guys,...my mom is a cool lady, and none knew..., what a mom and what ladies, what talent..

SilvScreen

Should have read: "Lay Down Another Line"

Nobrows

Whitney did a lovely job with the song, but let's not forget that Dolly Parton wrote that song and the lyrics had a very special meaning to her. She was writing about a very special and heartbreaking time in her life. It was not Whitney's song ! ! !

Kat

Would have been better had she remained free of drugs so her daughter could still have her mother . A creative tombstone can't make up for that.

gayle WY

do you have a brain

M. Landrum

It should have read, "I killed myself using drugs!" or "voice disappeared after using drugs!" or "I drowned while using drugs!"

jaynay

GOOD! Now if I ever see her grave, I'll think of Dolly Parton! The originator, and REAL singer of this song! Love you, DOLLY!!!! :)

jaynay

GOOD! Now if I ever see her grave, I will think of DOLLY PARTON! The REAL singer, and originator of that song!! Love you, DOLLY!!!!! :)

jenfitz