Rolling Stone

'Bomber' Cover

Banned at 7-Eleven

7/18/2013 8:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0718_7eleven_rollingstone
Rolling Stone's cover story about the Boston Marathon bomber just got the magazine yanked out of nearly 2,000 7-Eleven stores, and more could follow ... TMZ has learned.

The omnipresent convenient store is joining the national outrage over the mag's upcoming issue with Dzhokhar Tsarnaev on the cover, and an investigation into his life leading up to the bombing.

A rep for 7-Eleven, Inc. tells TMZ it "will not sell the Aug. 1 issue of the Rolling Stone magazine in its company-operated stores."

There are 1,700 company operated stores -- and another 5,900 franchised stores. The rep says they'll also urge those franchise owners to pull the issue.

Yesterday, CVS, Walgreens, and Stop & Shop all said they will not sell the issue either.

0419_bostom_marathon_bomber_manhunt_photos_footer_v2

VAL

If I had to guess, I think Rolling Stone was trying to make the point that terrorists aren't necessarily who we might suspect - old, foreign, ugly, etc. They could be your easy-going friend from high school. Have to say, though, that I'm still really surprised by the backlash. Number one, this is Rolling Stone we're talking about, not Time. And number two, I didn't realize we as Americans were so sensitive. How many times do you think Bin Laden has been on the cover of a national magazine over the years?

Sha

I dont see what Obama has to do with this topic? Anyway..... keep the article. I think the overall issue that offends people is the cover picture. Why not keep the article and do away with the glamorized cover? leave the arresting foto or the foto of Boston? Why place this rock looking picture on the page? When i first saw the picture i thought it was a musician, not this devil child.

Catrina

Who cares???

Sh8k

Terrible liberal magazine

Tori j

Let me get this straight... Paula Deen gets s*** for something she said 25 years ago and this vile magazine can glamorize a terrorist. Never again will I buy another Rolling Stone magazine. F those liberal Putos!

en Todo Momento!!

damn. is this little hairy frog still all over the news?? his face is just so annoying staring at you on every damn website. dzermit the frhogd..

Lawrence Crook

CNN has been reporting this since yesterday.

Canadian eh!

If they wanted this article to be about how someone turns into a killer, then why show a photo of him and make him looking like a star?

Sabaran

Harvey, Walgreens and all the other stores that are refusing to sell Rolling Stone with the terrorist on the cover AREN'T destroying the magazine. The magazine can still be purchased at other places. These stores aren't "burning books" as you put it. They are using their "freedom and rights" NOT to sell the magazine just as Rolling Stone has the right to put anyone they want on their cover. The stores are the ones losing the income.

tgrfan42069

fact is if they used his mug shot id be ok with it.instead they use this picture making him look like some sort of rock star

Brian

This is good to see. Rolling Stone shouldn't be glorifying this freak. If they want to do a story go ahead but don't put his huge face on the cover.

tamtam

Are people mad that he is on the cover or because it is a flattering picture and makes people realize that terrorism comes from all types? If he was darkened up with a scowl on his face, I don't think there would be half as much outrage.

brad

I hope that Jokehar is enjoying his tiny 10 x 10 jail cell that I hear he is rotting in for 23 hours a day.

I'd be going bonkers after a month for sure. Cabin fever. Cooped up like a rat in a cage. To me, It would seem like having to sit in a cramped coach seat on a jet sitting on the runway ... knowing it's NEVER going to get much better for the rest of his life.

Jokehar is only like 20 years old. This psycho muslim bomber dude has DECADES of claustrophobic cabin fever suffering ahead of him. I would be pushing for the death penalty if I was in his shoes. No joke.

givemeabreak

for people in and around Boston it hurts more. all the debate about if stores should pull the rolling stone is for show>if one or more people injured belonged to Harvey Levin's family he would be on the other side of the fence

brad

I read that Jokehar was a big STONER ... a daily marijuana smoker. Prison must be a big buzz killer for him now. Doood, like how's he going to "take the edge off" with all the stress he might have in prison? Horrible isn't it?

Oh well, I bet this stoner might be have a shyte eatin' stoned grin on his face today since he made the cover of "Rolling Stone".

What pot smokin' stoner wouldn't dig that? It might make them a litte paranoid though. That's how potheads are you know. :)