Rolling Stone

'Bomber' Cover

Banned at 7-Eleven

7/18/2013 8:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0718_7eleven_rollingstone
Rolling Stone's cover story about the Boston Marathon bomber just got the magazine yanked out of nearly 2,000 7-Eleven stores, and more could follow ... TMZ has learned.

The omnipresent convenient store is joining the national outrage over the mag's upcoming issue with Dzhokhar Tsarnaev on the cover, and an investigation into his life leading up to the bombing.

A rep for 7-Eleven, Inc. tells TMZ it "will not sell the Aug. 1 issue of the Rolling Stone magazine in its company-operated stores."

There are 1,700 company operated stores -- and another 5,900 franchised stores. The rep says they'll also urge those franchise owners to pull the issue.

Yesterday, CVS, Walgreens, and Stop & Shop all said they will not sell the issue either.

0419_bostom_marathon_bomber_manhunt_photos_footer_v2

Lucy in the Sky

The more places that ban it... The more I want to buy it... Honestly, I would never have gave this issue a second glance. Then the banning started... My mind goes stright to "collectors item". I want it now only because every one else wants it destroyed.. Because it will be hard to find ect. Guess it will go along with all my newspaper clippings from Kennedy, MLK, the twin towers, the "us declares war" papers... Banning it is just going to make people want it more... Way to sell it.. Your not taking a stand by this, your causing people like me who would never have wasted money on it to want it due to this boycott banning crap... Way to go.. That's advertisement right there...

Woot

This is ridiculous. It's a STORY. There's nothing in here glorifying the bombers. What the hell is wrong with you people making something out of nothing? Why aren't you spending your time on something of real substance like fixing race relations in our country? Let's start truly communicating with each other!

kitnplayn

You freakin' idiots don't even realize that boycotting this issue is only promoting a greater interest. The only way that a boycott works, is if you stop selling the magazine in the future. Withdrawing one issue is redundant.

palermo

Throw all the issues into the dumpster

rob

Did Time magazine get banned when Hitler was on the cover? No, but then Time was not known as a liberal publication.

Rob

Maybe they could sell the cover as toilet paper. That is what I do with all the photos of Obama and Moochelle I run across in magazines. I figure I am getting even for them using the Constitution in their bathroom.

anony

Misplaced outrage is correct.
The only thing this will end up doing is selling more magazines.
They probably should have used his mugshot, though.

BB not bb

I don't believe in editorial censorship. I think Dzokhar is innocent. I still wouldn't buy Rolling Stone anyway.

CelebrityScum

Does anyone read Rolling Stone anymore?

BB not bb

Is anyone interested in doing something meaningful to stop terrorism on US soil?

CLINT

People speak of freedom of speech. This is freedom of the press. You may not like what they put on the cover, but at least in this country we are free to do this, and we are free not to purchase it.. I won't buy the magazine because of their callous nature in putting that picture of him on it's cover. But, if I see it in my doctors office I will read the article on this killer in an objective manner.

Andrew

Rolling Stone could have thought of a different cover that had to do with this terrorist and the bombing. It was eerie to see this magazine arrive in my mail and open it up to see his picture.

kimmer

***berland Farms pulled it as well.

Questdelsangraal

Good for them.

JMP

Buy one ppl, all this fuzz around it is gonna make it a collectors item. *thebutthurt*