Fisher Stevens

I've Been Contacted for

'SHORT CIRCUIT' REMAKE

7/19/2013 12:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

071813_fisher_stevens_launch
The rumors are true ... Number 5 is still alive!!! A remake of the classic 80s robot film "Short Circuit" is actively in development -- so says the actor who played the brownfaced, ambiguously Indian character Ben Jabituya ... and he tells TMZ, he might be back for more.

Bring back Ben

Fisher Stevens tells us, he's been in touch with producers about reprising his role in the remake ... but no decisions have been made yet.

It's pretty crazy considering the film has taken a lot of heat for Stevens' character, even though the guy had some classic lines ... so we gotta ask ...

21stcent

Fisher was the best character in the movie. In my opinion he was the main lead.

NOT ELMO

i wish i cared.....

James R. - Los Angeles

No. It's too late.

DrTyrell

Hire Syd Mead again, instead of ripping the guy like they did in Walle.

rhode

This was one of the few movies I ever got to see as a kid. The other two I can think of was Return of the Jedi and Who Framed Rodger Rabbit. I say bring back a second. But I'll have to watch the 1st over again.

cranky

Number 5 is alive!

Bianca

Aw, 'poor' Fisher Stevens (born Steven Fisher), he famously romanced Michelle Pfeiffer for 3 years before hooking up with a 17 year old extra on the set of "Super Mario Bros." back in the early '90s.
"Hello, Computer!"

Ginger

Short Circuit was absolutely one of the funniest movies I've ever seen and Stevens was hilarious in it. I'd love to see another SC movie.

Lucky_130

Yo mama wears combat boots

die.eier.v0n.satan

noooooooooooo

Toilethead

I loved the movie, but no re-make would be worth watching.

Lisa G

Mr Stevens is a narrator for a couple of my favorite audio books written by Christopher Moore. Hilarious books and Fisher is perfect for the audio versions. The books are Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal and A Dirty Job. Give them a listen or a read when you have a chance. You will LOL!!

Dead account Delete at will

Horrible movie then, will be horrible remake. Who cares if they bring him back or who else stars in it. Hollywood is truly scraping the bottom of the barrel. What next a remake of Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes?

masterpapi

I'm not gonna vote on your Poll...I will say, however, that Stevens & Com. should take into acct. any "frailties", age, health, etc.; and I'd also say to the "Kemasabe" helming this to really-yyyy not be motivated by "overwhelming hunger".

angelic1302

Didn't they do that with Wall-E?

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments