Beth Chapman

Arrest Warrant Issued

7/25/2013 11:56 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0725_beth_chapman_tmz2
Beth Chapman is learning the hard way ... you don't call another chick a whore and a slut in Colorado ... because she's now facing imminent arrest.

Beth and hubby Dog the Bounty Hunter were fishing at a lake earlier this month when a car roared by ... which didn't sit well with the famous couple and their kids.  Beth allegedly began berating the teenage passenger, whom she called a tramp, a whore and a slut, among other choice words.

The situation escalated ... and Beth called 911, claiming one of the people in the party she confronted was ominously carrying a gun with his hand on the grip.

By the time cops arrived, Beth and her brood had split.  But the teen filed a criminal harassment complaint.  Under Colorado law, if someone taunts, challenges or uses "coarse language" against someone, it's a crime.  It appears slut and whore qualify.

So cops issued a summons for Beth to appear in court on the misdemeanor harassment charge.  Law enforcement tells TMZ ... they called her on her cell several times to come down to the station to pick up the summons, but she blew them off.

So police issued an arrest warrant, which means Dog could make some money by cuffing his wife and taking her to the station -- kidding.

Cops tell us ... Beth's lawyer has already contacted them, and arranged for Beth to turn herself in and accept the summons.

0725-dog-bounty-hunter-gun-tmz
BTW ... Colorado cops tell us ... the guy with the gun didn't violate the law, and in Colorado you can walk into a grocery story with a gun in holster and it's perfectly legal.

Helen

Weird laws in this state. I don't get how you can get a ticket for protecting your family

Logan R

Hey Honey, I'm just running to the grocery store to pick up some baby formula and diapers, where's my glock? Merica...enjoy

Mike West

What an insane state Colorado is. Does the First Amendment of Free Speech somehow not apply in that state. This is a silly matter but the big picture. Scary Police state

miss b

hahahaha
I can't stand "Beef Chapman" Dog should take a branding iron to that heifer.

Mason

So I guess the guy could have legally shot her because she yelled at him?

Stacy

I guess freedom of speech has restrictions in Colorado.

static

It's a different thing when they aren't dealing with some down on their luck drug addict they can push around.

CONFUSED

on a plus side it is legal to get high in Colorado

Em Smith

Ridiculous that this alteration was even an issue. She stated that she witnessed the teenagers drinking, driving erratically and one had a gun - not a good combination. Besides the fact that all Beth did was yell at them and I believe it was warranted being that she was protecting her family (including young children) that was nearby. Sounds more to me like some teenagers were feeling their oats and it came back to bite them. Too bad that a mother fishing with her family had to get caught up in their nonsense.

UnbiasedJustice

So much for fair and accurate reporting. Said NO ONE EVER about TMZ. If someone was carrying a firearm even legally, are you telling me no one should feel threatened. She is the one who called 911 she is the one who complained. These teens were driving recklessly, consuming alcohol underage and hanging out with ppl carrying firearms. This is all much ado about nothing. She did the right thing & the teen is lucky all she got was a stern talking to by Beth. Those kids are the one who belong in jail. Dumb move issuing that warrant. I guess they wanted some publicity

Helen

Too bad TMZ does not check for details

Mason

When I see full sleeve tats I always think....insecure dumb trash.

Mike West

AVOID COLORADO YOU CANNOT STICK UP FOR YOUR KIDS THERE. NO FREE SPEECH

Helen

I am a mama bear with my kids. Anyone coming around them to cause crap better be ready for a lot more than a lecture.

Mike West

My kids will always be first as will my rights. I would take these morons in Colorado to the highest court. The police said this was only about fame and it equivalent to a speeding ticket. It would be a big nothing if it was not about our right to free speech