Amanda Bynes

Parents to Judge:

She's Gonna Hurt Herself Bad, UNLESS ...

7/26/2013 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0725_lynn_rick_amanda_bynes_article_getty

Amanda Bynes' parents will tell a judge today ... the actress is in serious danger and could cause physical harm to herself ... and that's why they want to take control over her life, TMZ has learned.

Sources connected to the family tell us ... Amanda's parents will be in court this morning with their attorney, Tamar Arminak ....asking the judge to create a temporary conservatorship for their 27-year-old daughter.

Here's what her parents must prove:

1) Amanda does not have the ability to provide for her own physical health --  along with food, clothing and shelter

We're told her parents will use the gasoline fire in Thousand Oaks, which singed her clothes and caused damage to a home, as the centerpiece of their argument that she's in imminent danger of physically harming herself.

2) Amanda cannot make sound financial judgements

Amanda's parents will argue her mental illness makes her unfit to protect her life savings.

3) They can provide a stable home for their daughter

We're told Amanda's parents will tell the judge ... they're prepared for Amanda to move into their Thousand Oaks home and they will provide all necessary care.

FYI -- Amanda owns two properties, but they're both leased out.  She's lived in several hotels and apartment buildings ... but she's been thrown out of almost every one due to her erratic behavior.

4) There are no realistic alternatives to a conservatorship

We're told Amanda's parents will argue she's suffering from schizophrenia but will not seek treatment because she doesn't believe she has an illness -- even though she acknowledges there's a "good Amanda" and a "bad Amanda."  They believe the only way to keep her safe is to provide round-the-clock care.

If the judge grants the temporary conservatorship, we're told the parents will immediately petition the court to make the conservatorship PERMANENT ... ala Britney Spears.   The judge would then set a date for a full-blown hearing and appoint a lawyer to rep Amanda.

Today's hearing is set for 8:30 AM PT -- so stay tuned.

0724_amanda_bynes_through_footer_v3

Petite

One time, at band camp...
Seriously, one day, when I was 43, I had a complete mental breakdown for about 12 hours. My mother slapped me in the face to try to snap me out of it and I slapped her back, at which point my father was going to call 911, but I RAN OFF into the woods behind our neighborhood. I was COMPLETELY out of it and my husband was at work (he's the one who called my parents).

I have NO IDEA what happen to me, but I had a complete mental break, and it has never happened again. It SCARED THE CHIT out of me! I was later diagnosed with peri-menopause; a hormone imbalance that had thrown my entire psyche out of balance. I'm fine now, but I wanted to share that with y'all because people can go crazy at the drop of a hat and then be fine- it happened to me. However, I DO think that Amanda is in need of extensive therapy.

Internethug

I'm so tired of this story find some better news

Crackhead

Judging by the photo, I am going to say that the nuttiness comes from the mom's side of the family tree.

Sean Kelly

Oh... and it is "badly" ("she is going to hurt herself BADLY), not "bad" - you are modifying a verb and thus you need an adverb.

j

Amanda Bynes and her family and health practicioners should do a reality show that is more educational and follow her on her journey to a sound mind and well being as Schizophrenia is really mis-understood and highly stigmatized and everyone should get to know this sickness and be compassionate to her.

If done right, maybe it could even win awards, if they choose really good producers who will have Amanda best interest at heart.

melanielanderson@live.com

I'm glad there finally stepping in but what took them so long? Did she have to go through all that drama for this to finally happen? I said it before and I will say it again she reminds me so much of the way Brittany used to act until her parents stepped up. Now she can hopefully get the help she so badly needs.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

So what you're telling me is... for the last... let's say 15yrs... she's been living it up normally just up until recently when TMZ brought her up on their website a few months ago and now all of a sudden she's schizophrenic, she's in danger of hurting herself and others and she's become financially unstable. Even after moving to New York and going on a shopping spree? Good Amanda/Bad Amanda is a joke but hey, let's keep the money flowing and the fakie personality top news for the tabloids and sites.

Heidi Guiol

But WHERE were her parents up till now...They saw her in the news almost daily with questionable antics and they never did anything????? Really ? Hmmmmmm

Kàt

Lets hope there is a judge that will finally just say "NO" to a celebrity.

Heidi Guiol

So WHERE were her parent up until now?? Did they not see her in the news each day making scarey decisions each day and making the news? Now finally give the poor girl some help? Something triggered this in her life, sadly the ones that are to know you best - family could not see a problem until now, we ALL did....Hope she gets the help she needs now!

2dags

God blelss......hope yu get the healing yu need.....

Shannon

Of course we don't want her to hurt herself, but more important, we don't want her to hurt somebody else. For the public's safety, she needs to be held until the doctors are sure she won't start another fire or douse her dog in gasoline.

Tina

Her parents are just NOW intervening and saying they're worried? Were they not seeing what the rest of the world was seeing? I hope they do good by her.

gbtw

dear tmz, the girl is schizo. why don't you do some real investigative work and find out who else in her family is schizo. it's usually hereditary. i'm wondering if there will be any mention of the genetic source in the conservatorship papers? or maybe it's all just in the medical papers which would be private, i assume. in any case, make yourselves useful for a change... do some real reporting/work.

Elizabeth A Owens

I don't like the idea of a permanent conservatorship. She is WAY too young to be under guardianship forever. Temporary, maybe. Permanent, no. I am glad the judge in this case is taking his time. I want to see Amanda get better, but also to be represented fairly.