Amanda Bynes Driveway Fire

Rap Producer To The Rescue

7/28/2013 12:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0726_amanda_bynes_driveway_cleaned_article_tmzGood News!!! Someone has stepped up and PAID for the damages caused by the driveway fire Amanda Bynes set at an elderly woman's home a few days ago.

But there's more to the story ... and it involves Amanda's aspirations to become a rap star. Allow us to explain ...

The good Samaritan who paid for the driveway cleanup is Daniel Herman -- who owns Chinga Chang Records, an East coast hip hop record label.

Daniel tells TMZ he's been following Amanda's journey to become a rap star and would love nothing more than to sign her to his label.

That being said, Daniel says when he saw the damage Amanda caused at the elderly woman's home, he wanted to help -- so he called the woman, Bonnie Braaten, and asked for permission to bankroll the cleanup. She agreed ... and he happily cut a check for the $1,000 job.

So, is Daniel a good guy who saw an opportunity ... or is he an opportunist posing as a good guy?

Either way ... Bonnie tells TMZ she's happy for Daniel's help and is looking forward to moving on with her life.

manbearpig

manbearpig is the greatest poster on tmz.
the staff know i am funny.

21stcent

Don't know the guy, but I'd say gentleman

rhode

For $1000 I would have expected a better cleanup job. I can still see the stains.

Rail Runner

$1000.00 to power wash a driveway, Insane !

Ashley

She now has a permanent mark on some random stranger driveway........please make sure she's stable before releasing her or giving that poor dog back to her....it's tragic

Ashley

As far as Amanda Being a rapper, I'll say she should go for it, I would die to hear the topics she would hit on
We all need a good laugh......

Baby pink

That one "very" steep driveway & I'm guessing this elderly woman 'apparently' never leaves her house or else she'd b suffering from WHIPLASH on exiting & entering her abode!!

scarlett06

It concerns me that he is so ready, willing, and able to help Amanda. He has some aspirations to make a record or album with her, and knows she has the money to pay for both the damage and any recording ideas they have.
It's very scary, in a way, that she is waiting until the meds work before going to court to be released. Of course, if they do work, she is going to see perfectly able to take care of herself and not harm others, It's just that she can stop the meds the second she's released. That's the way it is for schoprenic's. They think they are fine, because they are "when they are on the meds". Which is the reason they go off the meds...'cause they don't see that they have a problem.
I think Amanda is a smart girl (as in clever). I think she gets that if she does as she's told, and presents well on meds, she will be free.
And then the "vultures" that are waiting to make her the next hip hop star, just have to bide their time.
There really is no saving a schizophrenic from themselves, esp when they have their own means to live.
I wish I could, but I see no good coming of this whole situation.

manbearpig

i could have done a better job with my power washer- not kidding.

miss b

He should go & power wash the Jacksons
they have plenty of dirt coming out of them.

Epically the dead one,whats his name?
Mickey or something like that.

Whatiswrongwiththeworld

All I know is that Amanda bynes is just a wannabe crazy person she wants attention and basically it's not her fault it's the medias fault

harleyharlett

ugh - sounds like some one who is trying to take advantage :( and ROL has been saying sam lufti started hanging w amanda a few months ago - she is sick - , stop trying to steal her money

defref

That was one hell of a fire to cause that kind of damage. Please Judge, PLEASE don't cut her loose. The girl needs help. I've been a fan for years and don't want to see her die because she's ill and no one was prepared to step up and help her.

defref

And for the record, that is a clean up, not a fix to the mess the driveway needs to be redone.

Max Smart

So another schmuck is trying to exploit a seriously mentally ill person.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments