Ariel Winter's Mom

Loses Bid to Reunite

With Daughter

7/31/2013 11:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0731_ariel_mother_01
Ariel Winter
's mother Chrystal Workman won't get the chance to reunite with her daughter ... at least for the foreseeable future, TMZ has learned.

Chrystal filed docs recently asking to get her daughter back -- after the court stripped her of custody last year -- but the judge in the case refused ... extending the temporary guardianship of Ariel's older sister Shanelle instead.

You'll recall, Shanelle has been Ariel's guardian since last year, when Chrystal lost custody over allegations that she was emotionally abusive to the 15-year-old "Modern Family" actress.

According to the new court order, Chrystal "presented no evidence that there were any changes or repair of damage to their relationship" -- which has completely fallen apart -- so the judge shot her down.

As we reported, Ariel wants nothing to do with Chrystal whatsoever, and says she loves being with her sister.

Per the order, Ariel will stay under Shanelle's guardianship ... at least pending the outcome of Chrystal's custody trial in September.

NOT ELMO

Ariel Winter's Mom
Loses Bid to Reunite
With Daughter...............LOL

LittleGrls

So DUMB. All of these comments sound like she and the sis are posting. I'm sorry but when I was 15 I HATED my mom and if I could have gotten emancipated I would have. Was she horrible? NO. Looking back on my life as a teen my mom was a hard ass. And that was a GOOD thing. She didn't let me do everything I wanted therefor I hated her. Kids are kids. They need their mothers to grow into adult women. I feel bad for them both. The moms pain and for the daughter when she gets older..

Patti

This has all the signs of becoming an unending soap opera with Ariel and her mother only seeing each other in Court for the next few years. Where a child is the family's main source of income and a mother acts as agent/manager it is almost impossible to have a normal mother/daughter relationship. Child must wonder all the time if at that moment the mother is acting as a parent or as someone who views them as a business asset.

kr

so b/c this cnt refused to go to counseling her mom loses custody. this judge is so FCKED in the head! This girl is out of control. She doesn't deserve a damn dime from acting in that show.

easylies

Why is her mom owed custody of her daughter? Honestly I pray for all the children that dont have the opportunity to leave like she did

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2