Gia Allemand

She Had Suicide On Her Mind

8/18/2013 12:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0816_gia_allemand_article_getty
Gia Allemand
-- the former "Bachelor" contestant who hanged herself this week -- had tweeted about suicide for nearly a year, describing the unbearable pain of being bullied -- something she experienced first hand.

TMZ has poured over Gia's tweets, and we found this:

-- October 11, 2012.  Gia re-tweeted, "Words Hurt.  Pain Lasts.   And suicide last forever."  The tweet referenced a 16-year-old Canadian girl -- Amanda Todd -- who hanged herself earlier that year after being bullied.

0816_gia_allemand_article_twitter

-- Ocober 13, 2012  Gia tweeted, "BULLYS YOU SUCK RT ... Amanda she committed suicide because of bullying:' ( "

Gia was very sensitive to bullying:

-- October 11, 2011, she tweeted, "As a victim of being bullied most of my life, I'm gonna say that people who can say mean things to other people and put them down are just insecure and depressed with their own life!  Glad my momma always told me 'if you don't have something nice to say than don't say it."

There's lots of speculation about what drove Gia to kill herself, but these tweets provide a peek into an issue that was extremely powerful and painful for her.

Humannature

TMZ,Your website sucks.
Block the spammers!

Jericho Morton

"had tweeted about suicide for nearly a year, describing the unbearable pain of being bullied -- something she experienced first hand."

I wonder how many times? And I wonder how many of all the TMZ visitors who messaged emotional feelings here, tweeted her back with concern at the time? All these Godly folks giving verses and other Godly statements on her death, were they concerned like that for the preceding year? Did you tweet her the National Suicide Hotline Number last year?

Stiletto

Another coward who took the easy way out...flock her.

BOHOE

It didn't help that everyone would tell her to HANG in there

mrharrybawls2012

I was thinking about suicide but I realized there's no sense in getting depressed every time I see Tony Danza or Alan Thicke on my television.

hmmmm

stop reaching tmz....pathetic

BB not bb

I'm not buying this excuse. Bullying is more than just saying mean things. What would she care anyway? I am sure she heard nice things also. People are persecuted and tormented. There are people being wiped out all over the world. She had people say mean things to her so she killed herself?

Sje was a Christian too no less. Christ said blessed are you when people despitefully use you and say mean things about you for his sake. You should rejoice for your reward is great. You are supposed to endure to the end, not kill yourself. Judas hung himself because he betrayed Christ. What did she do? Lose The Bachelor?

Truth

HOW WAS SHE BULLIED?? SHE'S WHITE AND ABOVE AVERAGE LOOKING. WAT, U MEAN HATERS FROM THE "BACHELOR"?? SHE KNEW THAT GOING IN... ANY1 WHO DECIDES ON AN ENTERTAINMENT CAREER KNOWS THE DEAL. #TRUTH!!

christy

This is a sad thing that happened to a pretty young girl. But, people need to learn the social media has become dangerous! Stay off social media it damages people. People use it to bash others, you see it everyday. Movie stars, rock stars, high profile ppl TMZ ROL all gossip websites post this sh!t everyday for us to read!! SAD people want to be for other to see.

LadyN

This story implies that she had suicide on her mind and was considering it and you can tell by reading her tweets. It looked to me like she was advocating against bullying AND suicide by saying that suicide is forever. She may have been bullied for whatever reason but I don't think these tweets would lead anyone to think she was suicidal. I am always upset when I hear about a person being bullied and committing suicide and have tweeted about it but never once has suicide crossed my mind. And yes, I was also bullied a lot. So I don't think these tweets show anything except that Gia was concerned about bullying as many of us are.Why she did what she did, who knows? And is it really even worth continuing to probe into it? It won't change the outcome.

Mr E

I am so deeply sorry this lovely young lady lived in her own prison like this. I sorely wish someone would have noticed and helped her work through it all. I can't believe how saddened I am for her. RIP, Gia; sympathies for your family.

francesca

please check out this blog--> discoverwhatsbehindmyeyes.blogspot.it

Shelly_shellz

Over this story , I refuse to feel remorse for a self inflicted death . She got what she wanted...next

Usagi-chan

I feel like Gia appeared to have her life very together. Tv star, gorgeous, money. We will never know if long term pain or something just snapped in her head. And we will stop caring as soon as tmz moves on. I hope everyone who commits suicide finds peace.

BB not bb

I don't think bullying makes anyone commit suicide. I think they are led to feel hopeless by the system and their parents and the school who want to make them into mental cases instead of people. That is the threat, not being teased by some kids. If kids harass you to death, eventually you get mad and get even.

This is all an attack on freedom of speech. Bullying is not even saying mean things. That could be a technique bullies use to test you, but that is really nothing much. You can tell them to F off or just sit and whine about it. If you care what they think you respect yourself enough to want to stand up to it, so why would you kill yourself?

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments