'True Blood' Star

Marriage Sucks

Files For Divorce

8/20/2013 5:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0820-rutina-wesley-jacob-fishel-getty
"True Blood" star Rutina Wesley is ending her marriage, but she's taking steps to make sure she's not sucked dry ...  TMZ has learned.

The actress -- who plays Tara on the show -- filed divorce docs to end her 8-year-marriage to actor Jacob Fishel ... citing the go-to reason -- irreconcilable differences.

Rutina is more successful than Fishel and presumably pulls in a lot more bank, but she's asking the judge to reject any claim he might make for spousal support.

Rutina and Jacob met at Juilliard back when they were students ... and tied the knot when they graduated in June, 2005.  They have no kids.

0710_split_independent_stars_footer_v2

Georgie

Good luck out there girlfriend, you gonna need it. and don't even think about looking for a black man because there are none. If you find real love, cherish it. It's very very rare.

Socalpimp

no white boy like that can satisfy a fine sista

Carl

I'd be shocked if their was a prenup given that they were students at the time. I'm assuming they are in California, and if so everything gained during the marriage is split 50/50. So he's getting half of it anyway.

HannahF

Every time I see a comment about irreconcilable differences such as that used in this story I want to scream. California is a no-fault state. There are only 2 choices available as reasons to have a marriage dissolved--annulment is a whole other discussion. The two reasons are irreconcilable differences and incurable insanity and the latter is a medical diagnosis. In other words, irreconcilable differences isn't the "go-to" reason--it's THE ONLY REASON!!!!!!

Ricardo Marquez

make sure she's not sucked dry..i didn't know she was a transexual

NameNotImportat

He got tired of waking up to a black woman. Like John Tesh did with Oprah. Who can blame him??

Jacqui

I don't know who these people are, but why is the woman's face red? Is that just bad lighting?

AlwaysOnTimeB

Hollywood doesn't tend to be conducive to long lasting marriages, so the surprise is that it lasted this long with both of them being actors.

EatMe

She looks like she is made of Red Velvet Cake in this pic

Pepsi Chick

i am a girl, so I am looking at it from a different perspective, but wouldn't a guy find it kind of embarrassing having a women support him after a divorce? I mean, I know equality and all that, I would just think the men would be uncomfortable getting their income from a lady? would love to get a man's perspective on that.

CoconutScrimp

Tara married a white dude??

PureRadiance

The ODD coupke

joecrabs

Why is she burgundy colored?

danishguy

Hey,,, works both ways,,, I helped raise kids that were not even mine and after sacrificing for 25 years,,, she thought I got the better end of the deal,,,, funny when the man has the money the women think it is all theirs,,,,

Taxman

Sorry honey, Jacob Fishel has gotten used to a certain standard of living now and it's your obligation now to make sure that he maintains it.

Wait-- what do you mean that isn't fair?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments