« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Famous Doc Fixed My

DISGUSTING Elbow Injury

8/21/2013 12:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0821_cena_arm_after

John Cena
's elbow is on the road to looking quasi normal again after one of the most famous surgeons on the planet operated on the limb he destroyed during a live wrestling event just a few weeks ago.

Cena -- who injured his left arm during a match at a live event in July -- showed off the gnarly looking damage on Monday Night RAW a few nights ago ... and his elbow looked as big as a baseball!

0821_cena_arm_before

Turns out, Cena had a massive tricep  tear -- requiring surgery.

Enter Dr. James Andrews -- a living, breathing god in the sports world who's worked on superstars like Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Jack Nicklaus, Troy Aikman, Charles Barkley, Robert Griffin III and even Bo Jackson.

Cena went under the knife this morning -- and emerged with a huge bandage on his arm -- but he was still in the mood to tweet, writing:

"Surgery went very well, Dr Andrews has more than done his part, now I will do mine."

Fun Fact – Going to the bathroom with one arm in a full cast is not fun.

Just sayin’ …

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

LoganJackson

Ohhhhh xO

anony

For once, TMZ got something right: the description of Dr. Andrews.

Mike L

The swollen elbow doesn't look like a tricep injury. I bet thats just bursitis. They probably found the tear in the tricep when they went to drain the fluid from it.

hategroove

Glad he fixed his elbow,wonder if he can fix his acting?

Dead account Delete at will

I feel ya Cena, I just had a dual spinal fusion and hardware screwed into my spine. Try sitting to take a dump.
Get Well Soon!!!

Eric Anderson

Doctor did that man eat his spinach. Where is his hamburger loving friend wimpy? What would Olive oil think now? I am a sailor man!

R

Re the loo: if he's right handed there's no problem.

Cool Breeze

Keep using the steroids.

Me

Is it true Adam Sandler died today or is it a rumor?

david

yall like to crack on the south but dont want to give any credit.....why dont you guys tell where hes from and works.....Birmingham ALABAMA

Sean

FYI, Dr. Andrews does a majority of the surgeries on WWE wrestlers. Just saying...not really any news here...

billybob

Let's see how his left arm looks after the bandage is gone. The arm will be half the size first, but 2 weeks later, fully charged! That is the wonderful miracle of roids...

Andrew

Tricep is not a word. "Triceps" is the name of the muscle. So he injured his left triceps muscle.

paige

Hey John Cena, glad that your surgery went well, when I saw it on Raw it look Nasty. Well hope you have a good recovery, cause I know the people give you a hard time on the show, but those people that boo you are just jealous of your success. Sometimes I don't agree with what you do when you are not wrestling, but I think you are a cool man. Well get well cause WWE won't be the same without you. Tell Bri she is very lucky to have you.

JohnJ

He is suffering from Olecranon Bursitis ... commonly known among Orthopaedic Surgeons as "Popeye Elbow." Very treatable with removal of fluid

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments