Michael Douglas

and Catherine Zeta-Jones

Reportedly Separate

8/28/2013 6:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0828_michael_catherine_01

Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones are reportedly "on a break" ... and it looks like their 13-year marriage is on the ropes.

68-year-old Douglas and 43-year-old Zeta-Jones haven't been photographed together since April ... and according to People.com, they're intentionally spending time apart.

Sources tell people the stress from Douglas' battle with cancer and Catherine's struggle with bipolar disorder have taken a toll on the marriage.

So far, neither Michael nor Catherine have filed legal docs seeking to end the marriage.

The couple has two children together -- a 13-year-old and a 10-year-old.

We reached out to a rep for the couple -- so far, no word back.

0828_michael_catherine_before_split_footer

Hell If I Know

25 year age gap, autistic son, she is bi-polor, his son is in prison, ex wife tried to sue him for more money, he had cancer and he is a sex addict. Quite a bit of stresses in this marriage

Cthrew

Maybe she doesn't appreciate the HPV he undoubtedly gave her through oral sex.

wingedmonkey

Catherine.....call me!!

Sometimeseverything

why do we continue to get married! why why why! I'm not judging, not in the least, I just don't understand why we keep doing this when we all know how it ends. Divorce is such a mess. Is it wrong to just be girlfriend and boyfriend or partners or boyfriend and boyfriend?!

bkblueknight

only a matter of time after the vag eating claims. true class

Bob L

I heard that she was asked why she lost all her love for her old husband.
Her answer was one word- DEPENDS.

abby

Certainly didn't help much when Michael talked about his sex life. Whether it was w/someone else or Catherine, I'm sure Catherine wasn't thrilled about it.

packer

This was on Blindgossip and crazydaysandnights.

gitRdun

So you're telling me I have a chance with Catherine? Yes!

static

I guess implying you got throat cancer from having oral sex with your wife is a deal breaker.

Questdelsangraal

This is what happens when you marry someone your grandfathers age. No surprise.

Mel

She finally figured out being married to someone who could be her father isn't that much fun!!!

SheisHot

I have everything Catherine needs right here. She is gorgeous and I would take her to heaven over and over.

I best she tastes even sweeter than she looks!

gloria

I am not suprised. At 68 he is looking more senior citizen-like. At her age she is trying to hold on to her youth - can't do that with grandpa in the house.

_Taterman

This is no knock on Catherine, but living with someone that has a mental disorder (bipolar, Schizophrenia, or other) has gotta be hard to do. This outcome isn't a surprise.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments