Amanda Bynes

Judge Green Lights

Long-Term Psych Hold

8/30/2013 4:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0830_amanda_bynes_tmz
Amanda Bynes
could be confined to a mental health facility for up to a year ... based on a ruling that was just handed down by a judge ... TMZ has learned.

Doctors at the facility where Amanda has been held asked for a long-term hold, and they got it.  Sources tell us the doctors then transferred control of the hold to Amanda's mother, who is currently the temporary conservator.

Sources tell us ... it's unlikely Amanda will be held for a year.  In fact, we're told the plan is to keep her in a facility for 60 days to stabilize her and then transfer Amanda to her mom's home.

As for where Amanda is going ... we're told she is right now en route to the UCLA Medical Center for the long-term hold.

A photo agency sold TMZ a picture of a woman they claimed was Amanda leaving a Thousand Oaks facility in a blue wig.  The lawyer for Amanda's mother, Tamar Arminak, tells TMZ the agency's representations were false, and it was not Amanda leaving the facility for UCLA.

Peter Popoff

She needs a permanent psych hold

Dead account Delete at will

Awwww poor girl, being held against her will while her mother helps herself to her bank account. Im sure the hold will be over when shes sufficiently drained her bank accounts. Wish they would let her out. She was quite entertaining.

Toilethead

Good. I really hope she gets the treatment she needs and is one day able to live a normal life.

dan

Too bad. I was really looking forward to her new career as a rapper. I guess now that Amanda is in long term care her first Single "Your Ugly" won't be dropping anytime soon. Oh Well

Jay W.

"Of all the things I've lost... it's my mind I miss the most."

Peter Popoff

Useless bxtch She Should be put under the jail or psych ward

Metta Worldhate

So, all women are crazy. I'll still murder that vag, honey.

IN MY OPINION

I AM GLAD SHE IS GETTING THE HELP SHE NEEDS.
~
IT was obvious something was wrong with her.
~
I hope all goes well.

meme

I'm glad she's getting the help she needs.

DahhTroll

almost every child star of Disney spins out of control when they get older.Miley has gone even more nutts than Amanda. dinsey should have mandatory therapy for all their child stars so they can deal with reality when they get older. The little dog she tried to burn up ended up saving her!

Kabala

I'm glad she's not getting the help she doesn't need.

Kabala

Maybe she should be counseled by Mylie Cyrus.

Woot

Poor girl. I hope she gets all the helps she needs for a full recovery.

Pamela

I wish Amanda well. I wish people would not use the word "crazy" when referring to someone with mental health issues. They cannot help it.

Gretel

She must have been one sick pup.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments