Dave Chappelle

Hartford Crowd Was Evil, White

I Wanted to Pull a 'Reverse Kramer'

9/4/2013 5:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0904_dave_chappelle_article_tmzDave Chappelle is lashing out about the people who heckled him in Hartford, CT last week ... calling the crowd a bunch of "young, white alcoholics" and saying he wanted to pull a "reverse Kramer."

Chappelle took the stage at a show in Chicago last night ... and immediately went off on Hartford -- where he engaged in a nasty stand-off with the crowd after several loudmouthed fans heckled him during his set.

"I don't want anything bad to happen to the United States," Chappelle said ... "but if North Korea ever drops a nuclear bomb on this country, I swear to God I hope it lands in Hartford, Connecticut."

Chappelle then called the crowd "evil" ... and described them as a bunch of "young, white alcoholics."

"I wanted to pull a reverse Kramer and call them all crackers or something crazy like that."

Chappelle was obviously referring to the TMZ footage of Michael Richards during his insane N-bomb tirade at the Laugh Factory back in 2006.

090413_michael_richards_launch
In the end, Dave says the crowd in Hartford was lucky to see him "freak out" that night -- explaining, "That s**t's like being at a f**king tiger show the night Sigfried and Roy got their throats bit out by the tiger ... you don't go to see somebody be safe."

0905_dave_chappelle_through_footer

robbo

What a punk!

tessa

Racist :(

James Woods

No such thing as a reverse cramer since only whites can be labeled as racist. Everyone else gets a pass.

squeelz

I swear white people live to talk about other races but as soon as someone starts to call them on on their BS they cry and whine and bitch LMAO

Fifty Shades of WTF

This bums me out. I enjoy Chappelle.... people can be evil and really stupid when drunk in all colors though. Why does bad behavior have to be tied to a color? In ANY situation.

kre

Chappelle aways pushes the limits. This has been him from the beginning of time. Leave it to TMZ to put it out of context and make it a racist thing. He played a blind KKK member who hated black people for crying out loud thats Dave Chappelle!

Cat

If the dude was any good at his little "dog & pony" show, he would be worth the money and the respect. He stinks. Its obvious the "BOMB" hit Hartford, when he showed up to....

Cat

The "BOMB" did hit Hartford, when his sorry ass showed up. My sympathy to all the people who wasted their monies on this man who calls himself a comic.

smug234

Race Hypocrisy at it's finest fug this guy and any other race card puller!!!!!

Simplyme007

Everytime something happens to a black person in the media it get the most comments, and 80 percent of the comments are racist

DougW

Chappelle's whole response here is so dishonest. First of all, he didn't 'freak out' and give the audience some show they were secretly hoping to see. He sat on stage for 20 minutes smoking, refusing to talk except to say "My contract requires me to be on stage for 30 minutes but it doesn't say I have to speak", or something like that. Also, he was not being 'heckled' as Michael Richards was, people were just calling for some of his old routines, yelling for him to do those characters. Finally, even if he did feel somehow that he was being picked on, doing a 'reverse Kramer' would be the worst possible way to handle anything. Some other guys does something stupid and disgusting, so I'll do the same thing? Sounds like the drugs are doing his reasoning for him.....

TexasGirl

Why is no one screaming "RACIST" from the rafters and all over the news media every 5 minutes about this statement? Oh...I forgot.....only white people can be racist....

Sharon

I saw DC at the Montreal Comedy Festival and he was amazing. The crowd in Conn. must have been really horrible, because he is one of the most relaxed, talented comics I have ever seen.

Craparazzi

I couldnt wait to see the comments on this story... this site is majority snobby white people.. i knew they would get their panties in a bunch

Haven

Truth is only alcoholic, White people would pay to see him.