Dave Chappelle

Hartford Crowd Was Evil, White

I Wanted to Pull a 'Reverse Kramer'

9/4/2013 5:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0904_dave_chappelle_article_tmzDave Chappelle is lashing out about the people who heckled him in Hartford, CT last week ... calling the crowd a bunch of "young, white alcoholics" and saying he wanted to pull a "reverse Kramer."

Chappelle took the stage at a show in Chicago last night ... and immediately went off on Hartford -- where he engaged in a nasty stand-off with the crowd after several loudmouthed fans heckled him during his set.

"I don't want anything bad to happen to the United States," Chappelle said ... "but if North Korea ever drops a nuclear bomb on this country, I swear to God I hope it lands in Hartford, Connecticut."

Chappelle then called the crowd "evil" ... and described them as a bunch of "young, white alcoholics."

"I wanted to pull a reverse Kramer and call them all crackers or something crazy like that."

Chappelle was obviously referring to the TMZ footage of Michael Richards during his insane N-bomb tirade at the Laugh Factory back in 2006.

090413_michael_richards_launch
In the end, Dave says the crowd in Hartford was lucky to see him "freak out" that night -- explaining, "That s**t's like being at a f**king tiger show the night Sigfried and Roy got their throats bit out by the tiger ... you don't go to see somebody be safe."

0905_dave_chappelle_through_footer

Chanelle Rose

"I don't want anything bad to happen to the United States ...but if North Korea ever drops a nuclear bomb on this country, I swear to God I hope it lands in Hartford, Connecticut." Now that was funny as sh it!!!! Lmfao

SNAFU

Well, well, somebody other than a Caucasian being called racist. never thought I'd see the day. Now, he should go for counseling and get that racist anger out of his system.

Cristia

I know Dave Chappele! Ive never known him to be racist!! Ever!!! I dont blame him for being mad at what happened in Hartford! Watch how he was treated in Hartford by some ignorant people! Asking him stupid stuff such as can you read a book or do you look at the pictures, are you going back to Africa for treatment! Idiots! Watch it on you-tube!!! He wants to live a normal life but he loves doing comedy which puts him in the spotlight! Dont speak evil about a person you dont even know!!!

WiL

I was in that crowd in Hartford and I'm not the slightest bit angry at Dave. He was there to perform and obviously couldn't. The crowd was ruthless, which made no sense. For the 5-6 hours of acts before hand, it was practically silent. For 5 minutes there was a standing ovation when he came on stage. How are you going to damn the man for trying to do his job when you're interrupting him every 10 seconds? You were just cheering for him?! Now that? Ugh, it pisses me off to no end that people would have the audacity to do such a thing to one of the best comedians in the business. I don't know if the majority of the audience wanted a "Chappelle's Show" type atmosphere, but heckling him for not doing similar jokes is just asinine.

I don't blame the man for not wanting to come back, but you can bet if he ever comes back to the New England area, I will still see him perform. To the hecklers in the crowd that night...Thanks for making fellow fans and patrons look like unintelligible whiny children. Just because you didn't get your way, don't ruin it for everyone else.

Wrestlingmark00

Blames the white man that's so 90s Dave

Truth

Dave Chappelle has always been overrated as a standup. He has disappointed paying audiences all over the country.

Jimmy Stink Finger

Can't we all get a bong ?

Carriejane

Dave Chappelle is awesome.

sborn2013

Chappele for president!

Toilethead

Why isn't that worthless little paranoid racist prick in a mental hospital?

Palm Beach, FL

Idiot!

Sili'LilSkoolgrl

The best comic I've ever seen was Mario Joyner. He could always one up the hecklers and have people LOL the whole time. It was better than his scripted material.
Heckling comes with the territory. If a comic gets mad they're dead.

Exclusive

How can you say these comments are racist but laugh like hell at the blind kkk dude? Daves just being dave. Dont make em be Rick James... BITCH !

Dickeydoo

Thats funny because Hartford is 38% black and 29% white.

buzz kill

I thought he was supposed to be a comedian, NOT FUNNY.