Beakman to Bill Nye

I GOT YOUR BACK

... Sorta

9/9/2013 12:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0906-beakman-bill-nye-getty

Apparently, TV scientists stick together like H2 and O (covalent bond joke!) ... 'cause TMZ has learned Beakman (from "Beakman's World") is rooting for Bill Nye on "Dancing with the Stars."

... sorta.

We spoke with Paul Zaloom a.k.a. Beakman  ... who tell us he's fired up for his fellow oddball science educator saying, "I hope Bill reps for scientists and shows everyone we can shake our booties too!"

Now for the "sorta" part ... Beakman says he doesn't watch broadcast television ... so he won't actually tune in when Nye hits the dance floor.

As for Mr. Wizard, it's unclear who he's rooting for ... because he died in 2007.

0828_dwts_winners_footer

Jordan

Did the show get any stars this season or are they still D Rate Celebrities?

NOT ELMO

Money Can't Buy Beauty...

braintrain

O snap on that covalent bond tip

Z

Water is held together by hydrogen bonds not covalent. Nice try

Comanchegurl

I love you mr wizard!!! RIP

Reese

I think the giant rat from Beakmans World should so DWTS.

cultwatch

Bill Nye: Global Warming / Obama asss-kisser or is that redundant?

buzz kill

Bill Nye looks like a space alien, freaky.

polomax8

Bill Nye the science guuuuuy. Bill bill bill bill.

Carly

OMG! I forgot all about Mr. Wizard. I loved that show. Those were the days. None of that crappy cartoon stuff back then. Mr. Wizards World, You Can't Do That on Television, Double Dare, and Finders Keepers. They just don't make em like they used to.

pizzapizza

I was psyched to learn that the guy that played the rat on Beekman was the creator of "For the Love of Fred", a kids puppet special from decades ago. The show has fallen into oblivion, but I would kill to see a copy of it.

Janet Becraft

BILL NYE THE SCIENCE GUY WILL WIN THE MIRROR BALL TROPHY FOR SEASON 17 OF DANCING WITH THE STARS AND BILL NYE CAN DANCE.
HAPPY 20TH ANNIVERSARY BILL NYE FOR YOUR SHOW BILL NYE THE SCIENCE GUY (1993-2013).

James

LOL! Beakman's World! , thanks to beakman science was easy, thanks to that show I was able to agree with this: http://mordenscience.com/important-scientific-discoveries-decade/