Nicole Kidman

Pressing Charges

9/12/2013 3:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0912_a_nicole_kidman_knocked_over_launch_v2
update_bar
2:05 PM PDT :
Witnesses at the scene tell us ... Nicole has no visible injuries.  Cops are saying they will write Wu a ticket for riding his bike on the sidewalk, but will not arrest him for a criminal offense. One cop said, "An accident's an accident."

gray-bar-update
Nicole Kidman
is pressing charges against a paparazzo who crashed into her on a bicycle, knocking her to the ground.

Nicole had just left the Calvin Klein show for New York's Fashion Week and was returning to the Carlyle Hotel.  As she walked toward the entrance, a freelance photog named Carl Wu was roaring toward her on his bike.

Witnesses tell TMZ ... as Wu got dangerously close to Nicole, he appeared to hit his brakes, but it didn't do the trick.  He slammed into her and she went crashing to the ground.

A photog who was there tells TMZ ... Nicole was furious and said she wanted to press charges against Wu.  Nicole called the cops, and they're on the way right now.

Wu is a notorious photog who has had run-ins with other celebs, including Lada Gaga.  There's actually a Tumblr account called, "F**k You Carl Wu."

0912_ambulance_fire_truck_at_scene
As for Nicole ... no word on whether she's injured -- though paramedics were on scene ... just in case.

update_bar
4:45 PM PDT:  We just got video of Carl Wu leaving the police station.  He wasn't in the mood to chat.

091213_carl_wu_launch
gray-bar-update

0912_kidman_nyfw_launch

VALERIE

Luckily all the Botox kept her safe and served as a cushion when she fell! Thank goodness for Botox. Celebs should consider Botox as a protective armor against the meanie paps!

jlw

He's a not too bright guy who was riding a bike on the sidewalk - who happened to be a photog. I don't see a camera on the ground or in his hand or around his neck. Is knocking down celebs his other job?

D

She probably won't sue. That was in the heat of the moment. Stuff happens, sounds like the guy just misjudged how fast he could stop.

Pavlov

Hey TMZ, what's up with all the redirects to Google Play? Every 30 seconds while I try to read your articles, it just goes to the play store. I'm deleting you from my bookmarks until you tone down the aggressive ads.

D

Hey, is that Kimmycakes in the black there, helping her? She just turned blonde. Ha!

Truth Be Told

FYI: Just so everyone knows - There is someone who is cloning me (and a lot of other people) and is posting on all the boards. If you don't believe me - click on his avatar and then mine you will see for yourself. This person steals other people's avatar's and nick names then hides behind a proxy server and posts on all the boards. Beware: This person may very easily clone you also! So Heads Up!!

Sili'LilSkoolgrl

I've seen the expression like the one on his face a thousand times after an aggressive, greedy Asian realizes they could be in trouble for causing an accident because they have to be first. He probably laid there for a few minutes with that look, trying to gain sympathy like he is a victim too. I guess it worked on the equally stupid cop.

Olivia3100

I know all the first ammendment issues but endangering the star and their families is just not right. It's downright scary at times. Children should be off base and with today's cameras there is no reason to get this close to anyone. I don't care for frivalous law suits but I hope Ms Kidman sues the crap out of this guy!!! And a restraining order if possible. This is just very wrong just to snap a stupid picture to sell.

Cindy

I am disappointed in Nicole. She isn't hurt and it seems to be an accident.

david 183

I've fallen and I can't get up!!!!

jordii

I would have to say that is a invasion of someone's personal space. This guy is a real s*** bag. Who wouldn't be angry if they got hit by a cyclist trying to get too close to you.

david 183

Nice bike.

Joe

get over yourself biotch. It was an accident.

Leopold butters Stotch

Ha ha they guy is a tool but who cares things happen, she'll live.

Ricardo Marquez

GETTING HIT BY A BIKE IS NO JOKE. YOU CAN GET INJURED EASILY.

the biker knew what he was doing