'Voice' Finalist Jamar Rogers

From Hospital Bed

9/13/2013 12:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0912-Jamar-Rogers-hospital-tmzFormer "The Voice" finalist Jamar Rogers is staying positive following his stint in an intensive care unit at an L.A. hospital -- sending TMZ a pic in which he's smiling and giving a big thumbs up.

It's a great sign considering Rogers -- who is HIV positive -- was in a bad place earlier this month after suffering a nasty lung infection.

At one point during his hospital stay, doctors determined Rogers was in critical condition -- but he's doing better now ... and was recently moved out of the ICU.

Jamar tells us, “They still have me on oxygen but they have lowered it. My body is still super weak but my mind is really strong.”

We're told Jamar has lost a bunch of weight over the past few days -- mainly because he's living on a Jello diet -- but everyone's optimistic that he'll be healthy and singing again in no time.

Get well soon.

Dover

Has anyone noticed how common it is for talent show contestants to suddenly develop some sympathy inducing situation? If you are watching these shows, you are being duped.

dreamon

Hope he's alright. Very talented guy on The Voice all those years ago.

Linda

I don't know whether "staying positive" is the right term to use for an article about him...

spliffsmommy

how in the hell does anyone even have aids/hiv this day and age being this young? must not have listened to the ways to avoid contracting it..play with fire=get burned...sad that people continue to bury their heads in the sand ..

rcytrcy01@yahoo.com

He's staying positive? Duh!

Stiletto

I hope he gets better soon...in fact I hope he has a miracle cure...cause I'm tired of paying for this crap to help fools with HIV, smokers with cancer, gangbangers with bullet holes, EBT "baby mamas" with 8 kids, 90 year old people sucking us dry on doctors bills just so they can stay alive longer and eat cat food and wander around Walmarts looking at a trash cans for 4 hours and bothering everyone with their life stories. I mean, if you are wasting your life just taking up space and dragging others down...then why extend it? Go out in a blaze of glory and get out of the way.

cindy

I really like him. I was rooting for him when he was on "The Voice". I hope he gets better soon.

amygearity

I just want to know did he get those tattoos before he was HIV positive or is there some dirty tattoo artists out there with a dirty gun!

KARMA K

Good luck to ya Jamar, I hope you feel better and stronger every day! I will keep you in my prayers! Try not to listen to what the haters say on here!

Ryuga the Dragon Emperor

Stupid druggie.

shakedoggy

id do him

Candice

I got a a chance to meet him at a HIV/AIDS event in Chicago. He was super nice and not very "celebrity." I felt like I was talking to an old friend from college. I hope he gets well soon.

HoTMZ

Get better soon, will pray for you!! Hang in there.

Dead account Delete at will

I call him for the Death Pool and you delete my comment for that? How lame tmz

hi haters