'Big Brother' Star Britney Haynes

2-Month-Old Baby Diagnosed with Cancer

9/16/2013 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0916_britney_haynes_bigbrother_01

"Big Brother" star Britney Haynes -- who competed on the show in 2010 and 2012 -- has revealed her 2-month-old daughter has been diagnosed with cancer.

The 27-year-old reality star, along with her husband Ryan Godwin, broke the news on Facebook ... writing, "On September 1st, we were among the daily 720 sets of parents to be absolutely devastated with a Childhood Cancer diagnosis."

Britney's daughter, Tilly, was born on July 13.

Haynes continued, "Please take the time to pray for all these children, our sweet baby included. We appreciate each and every one."

Over the weekend, Britney tweeted a photo of Tilly -- writing, "Thank you for all of the thoughts, wishes, and prayers for my precious girl. She's everything to me."

0916_britney_haynes_daughter_twitter

Bu

I wonder if she had her mobile phone in her purse next to her pregnant belly during the 9 months? Very sad...I hope she wins her battle.

Laura

Prayer to your... PRECIOUS... baby girl!

demoncat

my thoughts are with her and her family as they fight to make sure that little bundle of joy sends cancer running away.for a little baby who is just starting life should not have to start it with a battle with cancer. proof cancer does not care who it strikes even a little angel like brittny

Rolm

And you stupid people say there is god.

Who's zoomin' who?

Hooray! One less person on the highway!

Trishabiellier

That is so sad the poor innocent baby prayers for her and her family

jason

I have a new baby girl now too so i cant even begin to think about what you are going through...My god bless you and your family and may your child be as healthy and happy for the many years as she has to come...

RedskinsGirl21

My thoughts and prayers go out to her.

Dingo Ate My Baby

I work in radiology across the hall from a childrens cancer center. It sux seeing these kids going to their appointments rather then being home playing with their friends like kids should be doing.

Sherms

Very very sad.

JiLL1

Babies shouldn't have to battle cancer when their lives just begin. Wish we could find a cure already

Barbara

So sorry for the family. I know how they feel. Lost a grandson when he was only 3 weeks old. He had a heart condition and nothing could be done. My prayers are with you and your baby girl.

me

A mother's worst nightmare. I'm praying for them.

Celebritygossipiswrongbutfun

Very sad indeed. Note to TMZ editors, the headline reading "diagnosed with..." As a teaser to get the user to read more is really not appropriate. This isn't a funny or light story, it's disheartening and should be treated as such. Just tell the news on this one, don't tease it with the headline.

noddafan

My prayers are with you & Ryan and little Tilly that your sweet baby girl will be okay ... she is so so beautiful! it's shocking and so very hard to get your head around little babies and young children coming into the world with a diagnosis of cancer ... how is this possible??? God will make it right ... warmest wishes for a sure and speedy recovery.