'Big Brother' Star Aaryn Gries

I'm Working Out My Racist Demons

9/20/2013 2:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0920-Aaryn-Gries-cbs
"Big Brother" contestant Aaryn Gries is finally coming clean, admitting she talks like a racist ... but she insists it doesn't make her one.

Gries tells TMZ she's been making racial jokes for years  ... but had no idea they were offensive because "no one had expressed that I was taken that way."

Gries says she wishes someone had warned her before going into the BB house ...  that making these "jokes" on national TV would paint her as a big ol' racist.

"I am not a racist," she says, adding, "Sometimes you can say mindless things that will haunt you."

Aaryn -- racist?

Aaryn also apologized for throwing Texas under the bus when Julie Chen asked if she was a racist during her exit interview from the house -- explaining, "Blaming Texas was the biggest mistake I made ... I was in defense mode."

Guess Aaryn forgot about the gay housemate she called a "queer" ... and all the Asian people she mocked ... and the African Americans ...

070813_big_brother_launh

Previous 15 Comments | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12

@drayram

i got black homies & friends that be talking ish cracking jokes talking bout smile in the dark type stuff -whatever it aint a big thing if she said I should b in the kitchen cooking beans I'd b like ...mmm that's a good idea :D thnx!

joycet

The remarks on Aaryn tonight - the phrasing reminded me of an old Doobie Brothers album called "What Were Once Vices are Now Habits" - seems like that is Aaryn's perspective on her own behaviors!

grendl

She's hot. That's all that matters. Get well soon, Aaryn.

Bob

why is it wrong to call Gay people Queer, ever heard of Queer eye for the straight guy?

Elle

It is hilarious to see all of the like-minded morons defending this girl. So automatically the world has become too "politically correct" now that people are actually outraged about racism? Ah, I get it now! So because you can't openly be an ignorant moron without the backlash, all of a sudden the world is too "politically correct?" HAHA wow.

That girl said a lot of racist, homophobic and ignorant things, and for you stupid people to defend her is amazing. Hey, I'm sorry that you can't openly call people racial slurs anymore, but don't come on this post defending her stupidity.

xSymphony

Seriously the fact that she keeps calling her remarks as jokes is a joke itself. None of her comments were even REMOTELY jokingly. All of it was intentionally cruel and a way to make fun of or trash another person. I mean really, who "jokes" like THAT? I know I certainly don't and don't know a single person who does. The things she said were disgusting and I have yet to read any "apologies" from her that don't include stupid excuses like "it's a joke" or "it was taken out of context". PFFT! No way all that crap was taken out of context, especially when it was all seen on live feeds, der. But anyway, I really hope BB NEVER brings anyone even close to similar to the cast they had this season, It was a nitemare to watch and nothing like the BB I know and love.

Previous 15 Comments | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12