'Big Brother' Star Aaryn Gries

I'm Working Out My Racist Demons

9/20/2013 2:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0920-Aaryn-Gries-cbs
"Big Brother" contestant Aaryn Gries is finally coming clean, admitting she talks like a racist ... but she insists it doesn't make her one.

Gries tells TMZ she's been making racial jokes for years  ... but had no idea they were offensive because "no one had expressed that I was taken that way."

Gries says she wishes someone had warned her before going into the BB house ...  that making these "jokes" on national TV would paint her as a big ol' racist.

"I am not a racist," she says, adding, "Sometimes you can say mindless things that will haunt you."

Aaryn also apologized for throwing Texas under the bus when Julie Chen asked if she was a racist during her exit interview from the house -- explaining, "Blaming Texas was the biggest mistake I made ... I was in defense mode."

Guess Aaryn forgot about the gay housemate she called a "queer" ... and all the Asian people she mocked ... and the African Americans ...

070813_big_brother_launh

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Sam

Like all racists, she is at the very least; borderline retarded. There is no helping this brain dead bimbo.

Nick

Sorry, honey. This is not going to work. We heard you. You can trott out a basketball team of exes and go to rehab for a year. We know what you're made of.

Mike L

I don't think she's racist. I just think the world is too damn PC. We used to be able to speak our minds, but now, since Gen X raised a bunch of *******, we have to be all nice and PC all the time.

Jen

There is no helping stupid that is on this level. Just put her out to pasture.

djay

So ridiculous. A black person wouldn't be called racist, they'd be a "product of their environment"

shelley

Nice try in trying to blame BB for not warning these are inappropriate jokes. And, as for no one else expressing you were taken that way? Well, when you hang with other dirtbag racists, they'll only encourage you to continue being a dirtbag racist. You are one, admit it. I truly hope that you have learned now that 'innocent jokes' are not always that innocent and that you can open your mind a little to the world and it's diversity

dri

Talk about contridictions....."I am not a racist"......and the headline says "She is working out her Racist Demons"........Tells me she admits to being racist!

Mandy

How about who the **** cares???? In this day and age, life is too damn short to care about who likes who. This isn't kindergarten....... Grow the **** up, be your own person and like who the hell you want to like.

rhode

Aaran needs to see Paulua.

iime

I don't think she is racist, I think she is just incredibly dumb.

strunz2318

I love the holier-than-thou TMZ staff. Everyone else is bad. Everyone has to be labeled.

Ozzie X

I'd still bang her.

pat

This sore losing racist thinks she can get by on her looks alone.

Too little too late.

Get ready for the storm.

BellaJ

I don't believe for a second that she's sorry for what she said. She's just sorry because of all of the public backlash.

ketjo

Oh for Goodness Sake TMZ get off your racist rants ....against people cause the real racist s are the one screaming racist the loudest and we all know who that is.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments