« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Lamar Odom

Trashes His Father

Kardashians Are My Only Family

9/25/2013 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0813-khloe-lamar-tmz
Lamar Odom is breaking his silence to rip his own father to shreds for claiming that Khloe Kardashian and her mother drove Lamar into crack addiction -- and he's also acknowledging, for the first time, he's in a "dark" place.

In the scathing message Lamar says, "How can a man who has NOT once called me to check on my well being have the nerve to talk so recklessly about his own 'son'. He is my downfall!"

Lamar's angry letter, posted on Twitter, is a response to a published interview with Lamar's father, Joe Odom, in which he claimed the Kardashians cursed Lamar, ruined his career, and put so much pressure on him that he turned to drugs.

Joe also called Kris Jenner "an evil bitch."

Lamar's retort to his dad -- who's also battled drug addiction -- continues, "I have let this man and many others get away with a lot of s**t. He wasn't there 2 raise me. He was absent ALL of my life due to his own demons."

And Khloe's estranged husband fiercely defends her family, saying ... "He disrespecting the ONLY FAMILY that has loved me without expecting anything in return. They are the ONLY ones that have been here consistently 4 me during this dark time."

By "dark time" he could mean separation from Khloe, but as we've been telling you ... Lamar is deep in the grips of drug addiction -- so it could also be his first public admission of that battle.

Lamar added ... his father's "demons may be the ONLY thing he gave 2 me."

As for his current struggles -- addiction, marriage, basketball career -- Lamar says, "Only person 2 blame is myself. Say what you want about me but leave the ones who have done nothing but protect and love me out of this!"

0913_lamar_odom_through_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Ashley

Fame and money cant buy happiness
parents should allow and support their kids to explore
without any preconceive notionS...khloe used her own judgment by standing and supporting the one she love..
i respect her because it takes courage
especially dealing with this brut media....
lamar is a good person who just happen to be an
addict. he needs lots of support and help at this time and that what family are for
i don't think him publicly calling out his dad on twitter was the right way to go...seek treatment and the rest will fall in place..
hang in there K and L....

notalawyer

So the whole drama was contrived by PimpMomager to make the family of LOSERS look like HEROES just in time for more "REALITY TANK SHOW"

More BS from the family incapable of telling the TRUTH about any thing EVER....

Emma

Stop defending the kartrashians. They don't love you they love your money. Do you think kris jenner loves you? That woman doesn't even love her husband. Fake family!

spader

Joe also called Kris Jenner "an evil bitch."

- I like him already.

pepekale

Lamar quit making excuses.The word is M.AN UP!!
Stop blaming your father. You're at a better position to do good and stop the chain.BE A POSITIVE BLACK MAN!!!! go get help

Kim

The only people who didn't know this were the haters, all this crap on the net , nothing but bunch of bullsh*t.

palermo

Looks like Lam Lam drank the Kool-Aid. If he doesn't realize that fine family was the one trashing him on every site then he's dumber than I thought.

EnquirerLover

Awww ****. This changes the current game plan now. Khloe ain't ever going to leave him after this admirable defense of his wife. Although I still see wheee his father lays blame is mostly the case. But then again Lamar is also right. They were the only financial capable ones there for him. Lamar got sucked into the web. He drank the punch. Now he is desperate to get out of this mess. Khloe and Lamar need to do like what Leah and Kate did with Scientology. Got to stepping. Get away fast if you want a real life. Ever.

bkblueknight

yeah.. the 'only family' i know that cant wait till one of their daughters is 18 to pimp her out...

Doodlebug

It's a good thing klhoe didn't get pregnant don't need more of his genes in the world

Emma

Man up Lamar, stop being Like Bruce (a puppet) stand up. Be a man. Take care of your kids.

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

This guy Joe Odom sounds like the only person in this entire group of freaks that has a shred of intelligence and dignity.

WatcherOne

Funny how things work. Having to defend his wife, may make him realize what he truly values. This may be a turning point for him.

Layken

Give it a rest! All of them are bottom feeders of the media....Multi-milloniare whining...Get a "real" problem..the plant u worked @ for 30 yrs shut down..a child with a serious illness...death of a spouse....a real addiction that u can't afford to go to the Betty Ford Country Club to get better...Yep Scott D....keep wiping ur ass with $100 bills....this whole family disgusts me~ Really hope "K" is for karma with this ugly, waste of space so-called "Humans" Jealous Hater?!......no..just ashamed to spend time with creatures such as this on the planet earth....not that they care..think they own it??

Starrlite

Leave them get thru this together. Even if Kris instigated alot of what RMZ published ~ there is no denial Khloe&Lamae love one another & will try as long as possible!!! My prayers go put to Lamar