Brooke Shields

Agassi Was Kind Of a D**k

10/3/2013 12:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

100213_laura_wasser_today_launch

Andre Agassi said a pretty horrible thing to Brooke Shields in the middle of their nasty divorce back in the day ... so says Brooke, who decided it was finally time to call out her ex on live TV yesterday.

Shields was co-hosting the "Today" show and discussing divorce with legendary disso-queen Laura Wasser -- who was plugging her new book, "It Doesn't Have to Be That Way: How to Divorce Without Destroying Your Family or Bankrupting Yourself."

But when the topic turned to divorces that involve children, Shields chimed in with a shocker ... claiming Andre once told her, "Be happy we don't have children or I would not have made this easy for you."

After an uncomfortable laugh, she continued, "And therein lies why I'm not there anymore."

FYI -- Agassi and Shields divorced in 1999 after a rocky 2 years together. After they split, Agassi penned an autobiography in which he said he never should have married Brooke in the first place.

We're guessin' the feeling is mutual.

0710_split_independent_stars_footer_v2

gayle1976

I love Andre Agassi. He probably said that because she was a wench to him. She is probably one of the most annoying celebrities on this planet and a big phony baloney. You're only hearing one side of that story!!

Aristrokel

I remember watching Agassi on the court and marveled on how he was able to cover the court. Dude was fast. Then I found out he was taking meth and obviously enhancing his performance. Super sonic jet pilots are given amphetamines to enhance their abilities while flying. This guy is like Lance Armstrong. Willing to break any rule to succeed and/or maintain his image. Agassi played the "recovering addict" card to get our pity and sympathy so we would forget he was enhancing his performance with drugs the whole time. His achievements are questionable.

princess1020

I agree with some of the comments, she hsa to be the most annoying celeb out there! Why even go there after over a decade?! Move on washed out celeb. Sooo glad he found a classy, real lady in Stefanie. Andre made it clear in his book their union was a mistake...is this her way to get back at him?pfftt loser grow up!

kartrashianeast

I hate her. Stuck up wench.

notalawyer

Funniest TMZ ever...
TMZ blond with glasses from Kentucky.
"So you are going to believe some "gossip tabloid" about celebrities fighting over children to make the other spouse look bad"

And they she woke up and realized that is exactly who she works for.......

Livvie

She has gotten so annoying. She needs to just go away already. Whenever she opens her mouth sh!+ comes out.

B& B Mom

Dick. Really! I have been married to Richard Martens for almost 42 years and a better human there is not on the face of the earth! How about you use the term " he was a BROOK" instead. Let's see how your children like having their mother's name used a vulgar slang. I expected better from you Ms. Shields.

Mark

I know someone who was being trained by Agassi. He told me that Agassi once told Brooke "why can't you have a body like that?" referring to a photo of former tennis pro and current wife of Agassi Steffi Graf that was on the refrigerator in their home.

norcalgal