Lara Flynn Boyle

Mystery Behind Shocking New Pics

10/18/2013 10:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1017_laura_flynn_boyle_fame_launchSomething seems different about Lara Flynn Boyle ... at least judging from these new pics of the actress, but people close to LFB tell TMZ that NOTHING'S WRONG, she's the victim of a few bad photo angles.

The former "The Practice" actress was out shopping at The Glen Centre in L.A. earlier this week looking noticeably different than she has in the past.

We called several people close to Lara to find out if perhaps something was wrong -- but we were assured by them the actress is perfectly fine ... and just seems to photograph poorly these days.   In fact, one person said she saw Lara 2 weeks ago and she looked fantastic.

The problem, it's not that there was just one stray shot -- Lara's look is consistent in a series of photos taken that day, from multiple angles.

Yeah, we're stumped too.

1017-laura-flynn-boyle-back-in-the-day_launch

Luz

The only thing I can say is: another case of plastic surgery gone wrong. And she looks anorexic. Even in her Austin Powers days.

karlew

Liver disease can do that to the face. When a liver is damaged it doesn't process fluids well which causes bodily fluids to back up into the abdomen and tissues. To me her belly looks distended, yet another sign.

CAM

She looks like she has had a stroke - and looking a bit anorexic again. Poor girl

buzz kill

The look appears to be consistent with botched plastic surgery. Don't these women ever learn?

broncosgodess

She looks like she had a head transplant! Creepy

Werty123

I know her face looks jacked, but she also looks preggers...? There's no way it's just an illusion 'cuz of the stripes....

August

I never knew people could get their entire body BOTOX'D....

Zambonie

she's looked that way for awhile
you could see the start of it during her stint on that Vegas show
from the look, I wonder if she went to the same fake botox guy that Priscilla Presley did
He was supposedly injecting industrial silicone into his victims

Now the skinniness, thats been getting worse for awhile too
That's about as skinny I've seen her
Scary and sad

Pearl0808

She honestly looks like she has bell's palsy. I know someone who had it and that's what it looks like. Either that, or she got some BAD botox. Either way, I feel bad for her.

jay26mc

When plastic surgery goes bad.

Big Ad

It's called getting old...she use to be young and hot!

Elle

gross I can't even eat my breakfast now

Kristinajp

Tmz knows exactly why her face looks like that. Botox only fixes wrinkles around the eyes and forehead. I tried juvederm once and that is what you look like til it settles in. it fills in hollow areas, like around your nose/lips that lose fat as you age. I have only done it once but you Immediately look 20 yrs younger, for a week or two from swelling. After that 8t settles in and you look younger but not like when its first down. Its a filler and hurt like hell, I never did it again!

Kim Lores Bodaglo

She seems not only anorexic but actually appears to be suffering from starvation. Puffed up stomach and all. As far as her face, i blame fillers. Sad. Obviously you can be to thin. She looks terrible.

meee

not her best look, but nothing shocking about this...it's just botox,,,like no one in hollywood has it,,,..