Justin Bieber

Building School in Guatemala

... Without Shirt

10/28/2013 8:21 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1028-bieber-02

Justin Bieber ventured deep into the Guatemalan jungle to help a group of poor villagers construct a badly needed schoolhouse this weekend ... and TMZ has the pics.

After Justin performed in Guatemala City on Saturday, he joined up with Pencils of Promise -- an organization dedicated to building schools for communities in need.

JB was choppered into a remote area outside the city on Sunday ... where a makeshift construction crew was already busy putting up walls for the new school.

1028-bieber-01

In a video posted on his blog, Bieber says the town was overrun with poverty -- "I'm not talking about poor, I'm talking about 10 people living in a little shack."

Inspired, Justin ditched his shirt and went to work -- grabbing a wheelbarrow and helping to build a wall for the school.

He also took off his shoes and gave them to one of the local children.

1028-bieber-03

Afterward, Bieber says it was, "one of the most amazing powerful experiences of my life."

Bieber says the experience helped him grow as a person -- saying, "I feel like they helped me as much as I helped them."

Andie

Bout time we saw him doing something good.

Mangymutt

1st: keep your shirt on.
2nd: nice self promotion by posting photos and telling everyone what you did.
3rd: a little too late.

Weezer

ugh. These are real people, not props or objects to make you feel better about yourself. Do this kind of work quietly and leave your stupid little Gymboree screen print shirt ON.

kiichi

People...Quit bullying Justin! I know that his mother is really proud of him. I would be. That is a challenging project. What a sweet boy. Justin doesn't deserve bullying. Give him a break!

Laura

YEA... I think they're just ALL... lookin' for the Biebs... tiny balls in the sand!! He's NO man yet!!

Tiggy

Tweeny Terd Bopper...no talent or manners!! Through him in a cell with Chris.

Sweetpea

This is a very generous act of kindness. Who cares if he has his shirt on or not? And, I'm sure he gave them a nice donation as well. Let's try and see the good in people

kiichi

People...Leave Justin Alone! He can be a good kid. You guys are bullying him. I will not stand for that. He took on a very challenging job to help these people out. Kids need an education. I marvel at his compassion for these people. Leave Justin Alone You Guys!

Miamimimi

Good on him! I usually like to bash the imp, but this was seriously a very nice thing he did

I*am*Sherlocked

Haters you see only bad things he does, you can't see that he has a really kind heart :)) I hope someday you will understand it

Sue

Thanks for the help.. but there´s a lot people like that here in Guatemala, we need more than just a block for a school...

Mary Harris

1 wall !! Ha! Who held his hands to lift blocks and all? After all he had to be carried on the Great Wall of China. So generous of him to give 1 kid something, his shoes! They were dirty from working and he was going to throw away when he got back to the hotel anyway. while the rest of the kids stood watching. Nothing for them. :( Now that poor kid will probably get beat up and he shoes stolen. JB you're a dumbass!

juststop

Okay, y’all are saying this was his PR looking for a photo op, but what about all the other celebrities who do this? I bet y’all don’t say that about them because they’re “so perfect” for being “so humble” for helping the less fortunate. Yet when Justin does it all the comments are just giving him **** for not wearing a shirt, he didn't do ****, he’s just looking for publicity, and he’s still a douche. How do you not know if he wasn't hot so that’s why he went shirtless? How do you know what all he did, where you there with him? No. All celebrities do a lot of **** for publicity. He’s still a douche yet he donated $300,000 for cancer patients chemo therapy, granted 200 make-a-wish wishes, goes to important meetings late to meet fans outside hotels for free, bought 2,000 dollars worth of pizza and gave the WiFi code to fans waiting outside his hotel in NYC, gave hot chocolate to fans another time since it was cold, and water to fans since it was hot outside the arena, and once gave all the money in his wallet to a homeless lady before. Need I say more? Most that didn't make it to the media cause y’all are sick ****s who just care about the negative things celebrities do. So don’t go judging him unless you do all that yourself, because I bet you don’t even think of helping the less fortunate. Goodbye.

grecia

thank you for come to Guatemala!!

streetwalker

Did he really have to wave the flag and show the world what a "great" guy he is?