Blink 182

Fan Plummets from Balcony

During L.A. Show

11/8/2013 9:26 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

1108-blink-182-travis-mark-tom-getty
A fan and close friend of Blink 182 was rushed to an L.A. hospital last night during the band's sold-out concert at the Hollywood Palladium -- after falling from a 2nd-story balcony inside the building, Blink's rep tells TMZ.

Witnesses described the mayhem on Twitter, saying the fan fell "face first" while Blink was playing "Dammit" and looked in rough shape after the accident. The fall was roughly 15-20 feet, but witnesses say he was responsive.

One witness who was standing under the balcony tells TMZ, the man landed right next to her and his body made the "gnarliest splat on the ground ... I can still hear the sound. It was awful." He didn't land on anyone. The witness says he had blood all over his face.

According to the rep, the fan is a "dear friend" of the band, but the rep wouldn't be more specific.

It's unclear how the fan fell, and whether his injuries are life-threatening. He's currently being treated at a local hospital. The rep says the band is in touch with the man's family.

Jonathan

I was right there too, he fell right next to me, i turned around and all i could see was a pool of blood coming out of his head. I thought he was for sure dead. I barely slept last night, so scary

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Didn't even Blink when he fell.

Dead@27

Travis has a neck twice as long as it should be.

J

He probably just wanted to end it, realizing he became a friend of their's and also having to endure their horrid music.

Greenie

Dude landed just a couple of feet away from where I was standing! The thump he made when he hit the floor was creepy! I keep seeing his bloody face in head.

common sense

The he didnt even blink comment was Awesome!!

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

Ha ha ha.... Anyone who actually likes this crappy band of posers deserves to fall on their head. Maybe he'll get turned on to some GOOD music while in the hospital.

DanzaSlapsBack

In bigger news blink 182 still performing shows

stu

I would push myself off a balcony too if i went to a Blink concert.

Vince

I know its their "thing" but seeing 3 40+ year olds still dressing like that is pretty ridiculous.

BlinkFan

J-Rock

If he was such a dear friend of the band, why did he have such a crummy seat?

Observer

Travis,
Go away already.
And hows all that stupid INK workin for ya?
You look like a napkin on a club floor.