Chuck Lorre

Slams L.A. Freeway Workers

You're All Lazy Aholes!!!

11/8/2013 7:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1108-chuck-lorre-405-01
The guys working on L.A.'s famously crowded 405 Freeway are all a bunch of lazy, unproductive pissbags who are SCREWING millions of commuters every single day ... so says legendary sitcom creator Chuck Lorre.

FYI -- the 405 has been under construction for years (you may have heard about Carmageddon in 2011 and 2012) ... and Monday night, Lorre unleashed the fury that had been building for years in a Vanity Card that aired during the CBS shows "Big Bang Theory" and "Mom."

1108-subasset-chuck-lorre-405-01

The card reads, "Dear Guys Working on the 405 Freeway, How's it going? I only ask because you started work over five years ago to add more lanes and, well... there aren't any."

"I've also noticed that on most days you're not actually doing anything. Is it possible you've grown bored with the project?"

Lorre continues, "From my untrained eye, you appear to be understaffed. Perhaps you might consider hiring a few thousand more guys and work in 'round the clock shifts, instead of, you know, just when you feel like it. Also, to avoid angry commuters flipping you off, how about giving them a heads up when you close an off ramp for no apparent reason? (Maybe a few miles in advance instead of a hundred yards.) And finally, I need to ask a small favor. Several times a week I crawl along the ol' 4-nication-05 with a bladder that is near to bursting."

"How about we work out a system where I, and other urinary-challenged drivers, get to pull over and share your port-a-potties? Maybe we can repay your hospitality by bringing you fresh magazines to read while you're in there working."

Pretty aggressive -- and the freeway project is reportedly more than 16 months behind schedule -- but is it justified?

Lorre's no stranger to conflict -- he famously battled with Charlie Sheen back in 2011 and recently felt Roseanne's wrath when she blasted him on Twitter for allegedly stealing one of her jokes.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Tee

I don't want to hear anyone complain about construction issues. I live in Michigan and all year long the state is working on the highways. We have two seasons here Deer Season and Construction season.

chris

so Lorre? what have you done to be a productive member of society? NOTHING! This is the biggest jerk in Hollywood, everyone that has ever been around him never want to work with him again. He is the biggest a***le in Hollywood

JR

Chuck, you stupid. Pee before you leave to go home. And if the 405 is backed up, you should take Laurel Canyon to the 101, then hit the 405. And if that's not the way you go, then maybe try Santa Monica to Sepulveda and take the Sunset exit. There's several fast food and gas stations along those routes that you can stop at to relieve your bladder. And for the workers along the 405, I get it. You need a job. We're not all like Chuck and have the advantage of stealing someone's idea and calling it our own. Two And A Half Men - How original!

Kell

So funny, I always take notice when driving by any street or freeway construction site. There's normally about 10 guys outside. 2 are doing "something" and the rest are just standing around. Of the ones just standing around half look too fat to work and have the nastiest beer bellies. California tax dollars down the drain.

Fallopia Lopez

Chuck Lorre is a world-class a-hole.

Laughing at celebrities is fun.

He's right, here in Wi. the major projects have overnight shifts and they get done in record time. This saves a ton of money, hear that cali, saves money.

Getit

I am familiar with the company that is doing the work on the 405 . They have made billions of dollars over the years and have positively impacted the communities they work in.

Yes, this project had construction/engineering issues, but if you would really like to point fingers look no further than the LA municipalities that like to tie up every single phase of construction in paper work and permits.

On another note, why doesn't Chuck Lorre grab his boots and hard hat and give them a hand? I bet that clown hasn't ever swung a hammer in his life.

I like Charlie Sheen more and more

en Todo Momento!!

yeah, when in reality, they should be building freeways that have a mandatory 125mph speed requirement, that end up as ramps out into the ocean. LA has become a cesspool of the worst imaginable human traits. hollywood is a gigantic pissoir and reeks of dead bum and dead khum oozing prostitute corpses. the place is D E A D. LA is D E A D. deal with it.

Richard W. Blosat

Glad I don't have to travel the 405 but I feel for everybody that does. They sure know how to milk it. I agree with Dan F. put some cameras up and expose them for what they are LAZY.

otacon

Ahh good'ol DPW project.. takes 3 times as long and costs twice as much in the end.

jess

Throughout my college years, I commuted from the Valley to school, which was RIGHT NEXT to LAX as I couldn't afford housing. I couldn't agree more with Chuck. When I first started school, it took an hour with normal hell traffic. By my senior year, it took an hour and 20 minutes to get to school. And yes, they are understaffed. In fact, I rarely saw them working during the day, and I would see about 10 men working at night.

ChuckWow

I just watched the show with this segment on it.

The general response was to pan Chuck Lorre's scree on the 405 project.

I would like to get the ****s on the show alone in a room where they are not busy sucking Harvey's **** and then see what their real feelings are about road construction delays.

Casey

Won't they ever realize, it doesn't matter if you put 10+ lanes there, it's always going to be congested. Sure traffic is adding to it, but it's also the idiot drivers. If you're in the left lane being passed on the right a lot, somethings wrong. Most of Southern California needs to go back to driving school. Blinkers anyone? Ever heard of them?

PVO

I agree with Chuck Lorre 110%. In the 60's, we went to the moon from scratch in less time than it take Cal Trans to add a couple of lanes to a damn freeway. And the whole ' 5 guys watching 1 guy work' cliche is just that because it happens to be true! Most cliches are based in truth (perceived or actual).

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5