Sean Penn

FLIPS OUT on Fan

'I'll Make You Eat Your Cell Phone!'

11/20/2013 9:23 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

112013_sean_penn_video_launch_1
Sean Penn went nuclear on a fan in a fancy San Francisco hotel last night -- threatening to jack the guy up after Sean caught him trying to sneak a cell phone pic ... and TMZ has the explosive footage.

Penn was at the Lobby Bar at the St. Regis Hotel in the Financial District ... when he saw a flash go off from another patron's cell phone and realized the guy was trying to take a photo.

A witness at the bar tells TMZ ... Penn bolted after the guy (who wasn't a paparazzo) ... and screamed at him, "Do we look like f**king zoo animals?"

Penn -- who was in town to speak at a sales conference -- also grabbed the man's phone and slammed it to the ground.

That's when our video begins ... and you can hear Penn yelling, "I'll make you eat the phone ... get the f**k out of here!!"

Moments later, a clearly irritated Penn complained to hotel management -- and can be heard saying, "You should do something about that."

We're told hotel management approached the fan and asked him if he wanted to call the police -- but the man declined and then left the bar.

FYI -- we're also told the man had attended the sales conference where Sean was speaking and was wearing his name tag at the time of the bar confrontation.

We reached out to the St. Regis -- but they have no comment.

Cynicizer

Why so serious?

Brian

When is someone going to kick this punks ass? Not that I would ever want a picture of him, but if he ever grabed something from me, the only thing lying on the floor would be him looking at the ceiling.

chazz

Sean Penn is a punk! I would not be surprised to see someone take him out~one day he will mess with the wrong person! It seems he likes picking on those who are not a challenge! One day him and kayne west will make a huge mistake! As I said, he is a punk!

spicemonkey259

This clown needs a new job and a good psychiatrist.

Better_Call_Saul

I can understand a bad day or wanting privacy when you are in a bad mood...but when some celebrity has be out in public and FANS want a picture or autograph...why not just count to 10...be happy people like you and admire you and count your blessings and DEAL WITH IT for a few seconds. Unappreciative BRATS. Picture people admiring you enough to take your picture and BEING PISSED ENOUGH TO GET VIOLENT OVER THAT. UNBELIEVABLE...it shocks me every single time. Now if they are being stalked and people are going over the line...perhaps a different story, but...why not take the time out to be cool to your fans?

s_megma

Awesome. Totally awesome.

Analyze This

Sean Penn is a "Star"? Nah, just an other average talent with a big head!

rickysmith250

even tho I do think Penn went to far as being a complete ass!! but can you honestly blame him and other actors... they are being tracked like dogs just to get a pic mainly from paparazzi.... so why not ask them hey is it ok to take a pic and maybe a better outcome would happen.....

I'll kick Sean Penns Ass

I was there and broke up the fight. I told Sean you need to relax dude. I was ready to slap this bitch. No joke.., right after this happened he then walked outside to smoke a cig and stopped a homeless guy from digging in an ashtray only to offer him some more cancer sticks. I used to admire him as an actor but now realize he's just a frustrated J.O. Anytime punk azz...

justsaying....

Mr. Penn, if I may, from one Leo to another....sit the hell down. You are too old to be showing your azz like that in public.

lovetosing

If he was outside my house I'd pull the shades down...

lovetosing

The only person I would ever ever want an autograph or picture with is Elvis...Elvis loved his fans first...he would sign every autograph and take a picture with as many fans as he could...he never said no...and never acted uncivilized like what's his name in the video...and he is nowhere near as big as Elvis...Elvis' house is the second most visited place in this country next to the White HOuse...what does that tell you...it tells you his fans love him for all eternity...he has our respect forever because he was a really humble kind decent human being regardless how famous he was.

lovetosing

If I were there I would have said Mickey should have taken that Oscar home...Mickey is the Marlon Brando of his generation.

Rod