Sylvia Browne

World Famous Psychic DEAD

11/20/2013 6:13 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1120-getty-sylvia-browne
World famous psychic Sylvia Browne -- who appeared on all sorts of TV shows including "Montel" "Larry King Live" and "Unsolved Mysteries" -- has passed away .. TMZ has learned.

Browne specialized in psychic detective work, and attempted to help on several missing person cases ... with varying results.

Browne's son, Chris, tells TMZ ... Sylvia passed away this morning in San Jose, surrounded by family and friends.  She was 77.

Browne most recently took heat after famously announcing that Amanda Berry had died after she went missing in 2003 ... because, as we all know now, she wasn't dead.  Sylvia chalked up the misinformation as a simple mistake.

The following message was just posted on Sylvia's Facebook page, "Sylvia graduated today. She was surrounded by family and friends. What a legacy. She shared so much. We will carry on her knowledge with hypnosis and Journey of the Soul and her many books. What a great party they must be having on the Other Side. Bless everyone."

MissAnn47

Sylvia Browne- everyone keeps saying she got it wrong about Amanda Berry. If you listen to what she told the mother "You will not see her until Heaven" That is true since the mother died before Amanda's rescue. So if she got nothing else right -she hit that one the head.

Shamiz

Why should we respect this liar? She didn't just sucker random gullible people, she preyed on grief stricken and insulted them. She was a horrible parasite that should have been dead long ago.

Colleen Peterson

She was the best! Out of 60 + years, she was entitled to one error. Shame on those people. Thank you for helping everyone all over the world. You know God was there with open arms for you.! Francine told her it was ok to go home now. May God Bless your family and give them strength!

Hope

I recently have had the oppertunity to read Sylvia Browne book Insights. I feel I understand this life and will live it to the fullest Thanks Sylvia. Rip

LoveYaAlwaysLisaD

I bet Sylvia and Esther Rolle are giving all the advice to the dead on how they died and can find their bodies here on earth. Even though she was empowering to those seeking answers to the unknown, I still feel she was a common scam artist. RIP, and my deepest regards to your family and those that entrusted in you.

PJG

This gave me all the answers I needed about her and others like her....
Deuteronomy 18:10-13
New International Version (NIV)
10 Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, 11 or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. 12 Anyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord; because of these same detestable practices the Lord your God will drive out those nations before you. 13 You must be blameless before the Lord your God.

kukana29

Hope she RIP's but, she was full of shi*! 23 years ago when imy gpa passed away, I as a broke college student got the $500 together and got my mom a phone reading. could have got chris (her son for $200 less). she told us my gma was not long for this world, she'll be 94 in feb. in fact everything she "predicted" was BS and I have the $500 cassette tape to prove it! Love to have my money back, I ate balony for 4 months to gift my mom with this fraud!

BARBARA O SINGLETON

RIP SYLVIA, PEACE LOVE n BLESSINGS

manestyler

I met her in person and she was the sweetest lady I ever met! Peoplre need to believe there IS something better than this place we live in! This is HELL!! Look around you and wake up! She is now at peace an those of you who have no respect evidently have NO respect for your selves! Remember Karma is a BITCH!!!

M

These callous and cruel comments are disgusting and far more detrimental to society than anything you can accuse Sylvia of doing. Take some time to reflect on your own actions before you cast judgement.

I want to thank Sylvia for bringing me a lot of happiness and for making me explore deeper questions about the after life and why we are here.

Whether you believe in her words or not, you should have the common decency to show respect for a fellow human being. You will be missed Sylvia.

Join Advocare

I hate these scam artists that make money making up lies about seeing the past or future. They do have a special power but it is the skill of pure BS.

It is always say when someone leaves us but I will not miss seeing yet another scam artist on tv.

www.successwithadvo.com

zeppy2827

she was the complete phony

zeppy2827

specially about Amanda berry

Rory

wow, what a bunch of losers you are disrespecting this woman who just died. get a life you small minded drones.

Only1Reo

At least she was honest in saying Jesus christ is the way. I know all you dissing her are Jay z and Kanye west fans that dont believe in God. God bless her rip.