Paul Walker

Dead at 40

In Fiery Car Crash

11/30/2013 5:50 PM PST UPDATED: 11/30/2013 9:48 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1130_paul_walker_article_getty

Paul Walker -- best known for his role in "The Fast and the Furious" movies -- died Saturday afternoon after a single-car accident and explosion in Southern California ... TMZ has learned.

The accident happened in Santa Clarita -- north of Los Angeles -- and Paul was the passenger in the two-seater Porsche Carrera GT when the driver somehow lost control and slammed into a post or a tree ... and the car burst into flames.

Several of our sources -- some of whom were at the scene of the accident -- tell us a friend of Paul's was driving and was also killed in the fiery wreck.

113013_paul_walker_burning_launch
Cops say speed clearly played a major factor in the accident, but an exact cause has not been determined yet.

Paul was 40 years old. He leaves behind a 15-year-old daughter named Meadow.

Paul's rep tells us he was in Santa Clarita for a car show -- organized by Paul and his charitable organization Reach Out Worldwide -- to support the Philippines typhoon relief effort.

Several of his friends were attending the event ... which was very near to where the deadly accident happened.

One of Paul's friends talked to a TMZ photographer ... describing the scene ... and his efforts to save Paul from the burning car.

113013_paul_walker_friend_launch
Paul took a pic with a fan at the event earlier on Saturday, and the guy posted it ... noting how happy Walker was just hours before the crash.

The fan added, "The world lost an angel in Paul. He dedicated so much of his life to helping disadvantaged kids and people who are in need. I'm gonna do whatever I can to keep Paul's goals for the charity alive."

1130_paul_walker_fan_twitter_picture_article_2

113013_paul_walker_launch

1130_remembering_paul_walker_gallery_sub_launch_getty

Abhisek Das

Fast and Furious won't be the same without you. Rest in peace the blue eyed angel.

love-truth-freedom

Holy **** You can clearly see someone stand up from the wreck. You can see a body and head. While the one guy is saying drive away cause it's going to blow up, the other quietly says "He died." And then you see the figure move among the wreckage and the one guy filming hurries out of the car and the other guy says "Don't give help."............. Are you ****ing kidding me?!? It looks like someone survived the initial crash and no one even does anything to save him or go help. WTF is wrong with these people at the scene? They need to be tracked down and ARRESTED.

Vote2012

Very sad, but that car model is a 300,000 dollar piece of junk, very bad history of crashing.

EWFfan

fell bad for him and his family but ever since these stupid mindless movies have come out you see all these twits driving fast and furious all over. They have every option from K Mart they can get on their little cars and rive like idiots killing themselves and other innocents. Now it comes out they may have been racing? What a waste.

the one.

I can't believe that Paul is dead.I love coolness.So freaking sad.Rest in peace brother.

cita33

I felt sad, very sad, I like Paul n all his movies fast n furious . Condolence to his family. RIP Paul

lakaisa fowler

mannnnnn that sh*t is crazy one of my fav. loved him in action, but he gone now its a tracgic to hear how him and his friend died R.I.P

samantha san roman

OMG I cant believe wt happen I am really surprise nd I just cant get it I hope he rest in peace nd well he is in a better place now, now that he is an angel... RIP

Rico

Rest in peace im speechless I don't wanna believe it
we will never forget your the hero I feel sad!!!
just like what Vin Diesel has said Heaven has a new Angel. Rest in Peace!!!

Rico

Rest in peace im speechless I don't wanna believe it
we will never forget your the hero I feel sad!!!
just like what Vin Diesel has said Heaven has a new Angel. Rest in Peace!!!

Rico

Rest in peace im speechless I don't wanna believe it
we will never forget your the hero I feel sad!!!
just like what Vin Diesel has said Heaven has a new Angel. Rest in Peace!!!

Iqbal Moeen Siddiqui

I really liked him alot, especially through the Film "FAST & FURIOUS". Such a great loss of a great HERO to the film makers. May GOD rest his soul in peace.

Film_Fan

Will miss your Smile on the BIG SCREEN and your charitable help outside of the film industry. R.I.P.
A Good Soul has been taken.

And here is some other interesting info on the license plate 7CCY590. If you change it to an Anagram, it becomes GCCYEEI0( the Y is the 25th letter of alphabit ...thus YE. And using the 0 as the letter O. It spells out "Ye Ice Cog". And Porsche uses CRYO technology which is used for wheels(someone heard what sounded like a tire blow-out). This technology is used for the engine bay, undercarriage, suspension and other mechanical componets to "Bring Back To Life".

auctionady

SO SAD!!!!! My Prayers go out to his daughter and Family, also to his Friend Roger SO sad to hear this news couldn't believe it.......

Cyn

"That's the way
That's the way our people are
He ain't gone long as he shines on
In our hearts
And just so we know
Right where you are
God lets the light outlive the star

The stars we see in the sky at night
Are there all day but they're lost in the sunlight
For without darkness, stars cannot shine
As without sorrow, joy will be benign"

Roger Alen Wade-The Light Outlives The Star

Previous 15 Comments | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments