'Ellen'

Man Dies

After Winning Australian Trip On TV Show

12/19/2013 8:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1218_mcgraw_wife_article_tmz
A Marine died in a parachute accident last weekend -- during a trip his wife won on the "Ellen" show.

1218-ellen-Cherilyn

Cherilyn McGraw won a trip to Australia on "Ellen" last January.  Cherilyn and her husband, Gunnery Sgt. Brandon McGraw, took the trip last week.  On Saturday, the two of them went skydiving in the same plane.  Cherilyn made a tandem jump, but Brandon was experienced and followed by jumping solo.

An employee from the skydiving school tells TMZ ... approximately 300 feet from the ground, Brandon's parachute suddenly caused him to turn radically right and left and he crashed to the ground.  He was pronounced dead at the scene.

1218_brandon_mcgraw_wife_article_facebook
Cherilyn posted a message on Facebook with photos inside the plane before the jump, saying, "My hero. My angel.  These are truly such symbolic photos.  He was happy and doing what he loved."

Chica

Maybe they should stop giving away high risk prizes.

TaylorMoorby

Ellen gave them a trip to Australia. THEY made the decision to skydive there. She didn't give them a skydiving trip. Wow.

idremhd

I knew he was in trouble after he jumped and I couldnt find my book bag

Me_me_me

Some of these comments are infuriating!!!!! How can you say such awful things??? I have known this man since we were just kids and he deserves better. Never in my 32 years have I know a better man!!!! He has touched every one who ever met him. You people make me sick!!!!!

Smichaud84

For those of us who knew and loved Brandon... Let's leave this trash to continue to be exactly what it is- and ignore it. If Cherilyn sees this, the outcome of that for her will be far worse then the fury we feel right now. Let's just move along.

Holly

Those of you who want to be rude must remember this man belongs to someone's family. He has a wife and people who see this. This is my husband's cousin. He was a marine and very experienced. He knew what he was doing. He was a good guy and your comments can hurt others. How would you like to read these comments about your family? Shame on you all for putting no thought into your posts. Let this family deal with their grief and not your stupid comments. You did not know him or you would never say such things. A great man who was proud to serve his country.

Becky

Wife WON a trip to Austrailia. She did not win skydiving jump. Skydiving was their decision.

cindy

While I understand their sentiment I believe the family and friends of this poor hero who died should just shut up already and stop trying to put out every fire that an immature comment makes. This is the internet and people say things that are stupid. Love your family, grieve together but please stop acting like this one topic and the death of your loved one is the first time that you've seen something insensitive said on the internet.

Misfitttt

headline FAIL

Jennifer

If Ellen gets blamed for this, I will be pissed.

Mommy845

My heart goes out to his family and friends . Seriously making rude and hurtful comments and this family is in mourning is ridiculous. We still need so much growth as Americans and human period. This man fought for u to be able to sit here and make a mockery of his death. Learn appreciation and respect die those who put their lives on the line everyday so you can waste it making rude and disrespectful comments. My prayers are with this family be strong . 💔

Marina326

OMG! This is horrible. . .

Ciganos01

Lawsuit anyone!

tmzcommenter

This is what happens to people who are adrenaline junkies like this guy or Paul Walker. If you take chances with your life eventually you're going to have an accident or wind up dead.

richard92105

Ellen should hand over her piles of cash to the widow

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments