'Duck Dynasty'

Family Says ...

We Won't Do the Show Without Phil

12/20/2013 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1219-robertson-duck-dynasty

The Robertson family just drew a line in the sand with A&E -- NO PHIL, NO SHOW ... and says they are already talking to the cable channel about possibly pulling the plug on "Duck Dynasty."

The family issued a statement saying, "As a family, we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm. We are in discussions with A&E to see what that means for the future of 'Duck Dynasty.'"

They also say they're "disappointed" that Phil Robertson was suspended by A&E just for expressing his religious beliefs ... which, they point out, is his "constitutionally protected right."

Fun fact: "Duck Dynasty" is the highest rated cable reality TV show ever.

Way to go A&E.

1219_duck_dynasty_family_photos_footer_v3

We want to thank all of you for your prayers and support. The family has spent much time in prayer since learning of A&E's decision. We want you to know that first and foremost we are a family rooted in our faith in God and our belief that the Bible is His word. While some of Phil’s unfiltered comments to the reporter were coarse, his beliefs are grounded in the teachings of the Bible. Phil is a Godly man who follows what the Bible says are the greatest commandments: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart” and “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Phil would never incite or encourage hate.We are disappointed that Phil has been placed on hiatus for expressing his faith, which is his constitutionally protected right.We have had a successful working relationship with A&E but, as a family, we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm. We are in discussions with A&E to see what that means for the future of Duck Dynasty. Again, thank you for your continued support of our family.

LA-Guy

Good riddance.

butterfly14

Bye bye:)
I was a teacher, and I couldn't voice my opinions, lest I influence someone else's child, or offend someone.
A&E signs his paycheck, sometimes you lose your job when you voice your opinions. Phil isn't untouchable:)

AllieFrid

Good riddance hicks.

unbelievable reaction

I have to agree with you. If you are the number one show in the history of cable, the public has spoken. Personally though, I think they shouldn't come back until several executives are fired. His comments are not even close to the comments and slurs heard on every episode of shows like Tosh.O and South Park. Unbelievable!

cliffordmcpeak76

cliffordmcpeak76

Phile should have thought of it before he said what he said. I know a&e will not any problems filling their time slot with other shows. No one will miss the show at all.

Krill

If they junk Phil......the whole family should junk a&e and NEVER look back. The robertsons will be just fine without the tv show and drama being created. Remember last season they said no more prayers on the show? And Phil said no show and what happened? Nothing but another season. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Because your opinion is different than Someone else's doesn't mean u can do what u wNt because of position of power. Just a FYI...robertsons are in the position of power. Not a&e

kristine

if you dont need it for food, don't kill it.

tattsnscars

Please read the First Amendment before you comment!!!!

JK

It's a constitutionally protected right as in... the GOVERNMENT can't censor you. The amendment says nothing about private corporations or private property. So no, it's not your constitutionally protected right... against a TV network. You can argue that one if the govt tries to censor you which, last I checked, they weren't.

BB not bb

A&E is going to lose their biggest money maker, all to support some imaginary gay rights cause. I guess they are trying to see how to get out of their contract if they do not have their father allowed on the show. It is so stupid when these shows that are supposed to be reality get all mad when people act real instead of like their scripted puppets.

I don't watch this show. I think these people are as boring as can be. I still respect their rights to say how they feel about life and religion and morals. A&E is way out of line. I think Christians could file a class action lawsuit against them for openly discriminating against them.

A&E shows are depressing. If you try to watch Hoarders, it is the same thing week after week with a different nut case living in a junk pile. Dog the Bounty Hunter was like some questionable people chasing down other questionable people with some gleeful woman gloating over it.

That was as far as I got with watching A&E shows. This show is a complete enigma to me. That is pretty much all Phil said about gays either, he just doesn't get it.

sean86vegas

Hey...EVERYBODY who hasn't REALIZED THE GENIUS OF THIS. Take a gander at http://www.aetv.com/shows and realize A&E's CORE DEMOGRAPHIC. lmfao...they are laughing all the way to the BANK.

s_megma

Fox News Channel will pick up the show.

janet

This man simply said his opinion. So what.

smurfettesteph

Im not saying I agree with what he said but what I am saying is its freedom of speech like it or not he has the right to say his opinion