'Duck Dynasty'

Family Says ...

We Won't Do the Show Without Phil

12/20/2013 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1219-robertson-duck-dynasty

The Robertson family just drew a line in the sand with A&E -- NO PHIL, NO SHOW ... and says they are already talking to the cable channel about possibly pulling the plug on "Duck Dynasty."

The family issued a statement saying, "As a family, we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm. We are in discussions with A&E to see what that means for the future of 'Duck Dynasty.'"

They also say they're "disappointed" that Phil Robertson was suspended by A&E just for expressing his religious beliefs ... which, they point out, is his "constitutionally protected right."

Fun fact: "Duck Dynasty" is the highest rated cable reality TV show ever.

Way to go A&E.

1219_duck_dynasty_family_photos_footer_v3

We want to thank all of you for your prayers and support. The family has spent much time in prayer since learning of A&E's decision. We want you to know that first and foremost we are a family rooted in our faith in God and our belief that the Bible is His word. While some of Phil’s unfiltered comments to the reporter were coarse, his beliefs are grounded in the teachings of the Bible. Phil is a Godly man who follows what the Bible says are the greatest commandments: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart” and “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Phil would never incite or encourage hate.We are disappointed that Phil has been placed on hiatus for expressing his faith, which is his constitutionally protected right.We have had a successful working relationship with A&E but, as a family, we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm. We are in discussions with A&E to see what that means for the future of Duck Dynasty. Again, thank you for your continued support of our family.

Ron Smoth

Good Riddance

Terry McMillan Starns

A&E stuoid stupid stupid !!!

CONSTITUTION

HATE SPEECH IS ***NOT*** PROTECTED BY THE CONSTITUTION. Get your facts straight, Duck Dynasty. Gay people have been murdered because homophobic remarks have incited hateful people.

Meg

I support A& E in what they did. If I went to my place of work and said the things he did I would be fired. His comments reflected badly on the company. End of. Spouting that this infringes on his freedom of speech is stupid. He wasn't punished by the government for saying those things. He was suspended from ONE of his jobs. That is the reality.

Shondalynn Price Donelson

A family that prays together stays together. I'm so happy that you all are sticking together on this matter. FREEDOM OF SPEECH.
It doesn't matter if I agree or disagree with Phil's comments we all say things one time or another in our life that hurts the feeling of someone or a group. None of us are perfect, we will never be perfect and we can believe whatever we want and say whatever we want.

Outlaw2013

I support Phil, and the comments he made. In no way was that hateful in the least bit. Once again the pussification of this country has shown its face. Everyones offended to easily, grow thicker skin. I fought for our constitutional rights, a extremely proud Marine Corps veteran. Grow a pair America, its only words. If that offends you then call my employer.

IJS

Though I may not agree with everything he said what do agree with is that fact that he has the right to say it.

WeBe

Well let me see... the STRAIGHT GAY HATER opened his Opinionated Hole First (Options are like Ass Holes... Every body has one, but that does not mean we want to see it or smell the **** that comes out of it.) The gays just gave him a Piece offering to show that his Bigoted Back Ass Ways do not hurt their feelings. Everyone is just waiting at any chance to Persecute anyone that is different than themselves. All I can say is Grow the F UP and mind your own business. Most peoples lives are so F up, why do they think they can manage or run someone else's. Most are so miserable with their own sucking lives they have to make everyone else miserable like themselves. If people would keep there nose in their own stinking lives, it would be such a much nicer place and we would not have to hear all the Hate... Black Haters, Gay Haters, Christian Haters, God Haters, Anti God Haters, what ever haters... Get a life... If you want a Bible quote... here it is.. John 15:12 My COMMAND IS THIS: Love each other as I have Loved YOU! I did not see the word hate in there. I did see the word COMMAND, I do not think that was a Request!

IJS

You are absolutely right "options" (I think you meant opinions but I digress), are like ass hole we all have one but if you feel that everyone should mind their own business why the hell are commenting? Shouldn't you be minding your own business somewhere? Ignorance is not bliss despite what you may have heard!

courtney356

hey everyones entitled to their own opinion but A&E doesn't have to Air it

Passion Of The Taint

We need another plague!
There are way too many stupid humans on earth.

I do feel packing poop is morally wrong, but that's my opinion.

I feel that gays are here for a reason...
Our earth is now over populated. Can you imagine a world of breeders?

NPC - Natural Population Control.

Josey Ramos

I think a great many people are confused about this issue. These people are employed by A&E. As much freedom of speech as we all have 90% of you can and would be fired from your jobs if you did what he did on the public level that he did it. I work for one of the largest banks in the world and we get regular reminders that if we say something crazy in public (it doesn't have to have anything to do with our job or company) we will be FIRED. If I had an employee who did what this guy did, I would FIRE him. I don't have an issue with what he said because everyone is right, he is completely entitled to think that. But be careless about it ... your FIRED! Think about all the other scenarios that could play out with this. I know most of you who are so mad this guy got canned would see the point if say he were from a middle eastern country talking about how he didn't like certain American values.

What made this fool think he could do what Alec Baldwin couldn't even do?

Alec got fired for saying less didn't he?

Alec has been in our lives for how long and he still got fired for saying less?

Grown men should know better. You said something dumb and made your employer look stupid for hiring you and you got fired. End of story.

ktbug

they asked phil what his beliefs were and he answered they way many people would why can gay people go around with there beliefs and just because phil was honest now he gets punished not fair.

Denise

Good news, take this stupid **** redneck show off the air for good.

Rick

Good for them! A&E exercised their rights, and the Robertson family is now exercising theirs. Who won?

Previous 15 Comments | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments