'Duck Dynasty'

Family Says ...

We Won't Do the Show Without Phil

12/20/2013 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1219-robertson-duck-dynasty

The Robertson family just drew a line in the sand with A&E -- NO PHIL, NO SHOW ... and says they are already talking to the cable channel about possibly pulling the plug on "Duck Dynasty."

The family issued a statement saying, "As a family, we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm. We are in discussions with A&E to see what that means for the future of 'Duck Dynasty.'"

They also say they're "disappointed" that Phil Robertson was suspended by A&E just for expressing his religious beliefs ... which, they point out, is his "constitutionally protected right."

Fun fact: "Duck Dynasty" is the highest rated cable reality TV show ever.

Way to go A&E.

1219_duck_dynasty_family_photos_footer_v3

We want to thank all of you for your prayers and support. The family has spent much time in prayer since learning of A&E's decision. We want you to know that first and foremost we are a family rooted in our faith in God and our belief that the Bible is His word. While some of Phil’s unfiltered comments to the reporter were coarse, his beliefs are grounded in the teachings of the Bible. Phil is a Godly man who follows what the Bible says are the greatest commandments: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart” and “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Phil would never incite or encourage hate.We are disappointed that Phil has been placed on hiatus for expressing his faith, which is his constitutionally protected right.We have had a successful working relationship with A&E but, as a family, we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm. We are in discussions with A&E to see what that means for the future of Duck Dynasty. Again, thank you for your continued support of our family.

Black Adam

Finally!!!!!!! Duck Dynasty just gives Morons more fuel for their stupidity.

jess

I can't believe so many people are buying into this family!! Why did't he practice what he preached? He broke a commandment and now speaks of the Lord? Have another drink Phil and sit back and relax! They're enough dumbasses to sit back and watch your family capitalize! I will ponder this with my DD jerky my DD bandaid my DD jammies..etc..f*off humble family!!

Rosalie

Just hang in there... please don't give in

michael

It is a shame to suspend someone just because of the belief in what the bible states. If someone actually reads the bible God created Adam and Eve it was not Adam and Steve. People have a right to voice their opinion about anything. I personally stand behind the traditional values shared by the members of Duck Dynasty. Thanks guys for standing up for what is right.

RobbieRob

Good get rid of this show. You make all this money and you have the nerve on national tv to share your beliefs, do that off the air. ya'll deserve to lose your tv spot and hopefully your show in all. go to some quack quaking now.

Darrel

Stand up and be proud. Our loard is withe you and yours.

Layla Brown

Good!! Does that mean they will cancel this stupid redneck show!

MJC

He quoted the Bible. Had every right to do so to back up his beliefs. 1 Corinthians 6:1-12. If other people condemn him for stating his beliefs, then those who do the condemning have no right to say anything when someone condemns them. Besides, A&E is showing "Duck Dynasty" marathons to capitalize on their own "self made condemnation." It is all about the money to A&E. Enjoy the reruns, A&E. You're about to lose a ton of viewers.

Jessica

Who ****in cares...

skgridley

I don't consider myself to be a hater I say live and let live.I say shame on a AE and anyone who wants to take the personal freedom of speech away from anyone born in the United States do I not have a right to my opinion and as American do I have the right to speak my opinion

chicagoannie

I don't watch DD but good for this family - I hope they dump A&E.. It is a reality show and Robertson was stating his reality. He did not hurt anyone. A&E sucks.

Fisher1949

Phil Robertson couldn’t care less what A&E does, he was worth nearly $400 million before A&E created the show.

The show's premise was based on the fact that these supposed rednecks made a fortune selling duck calls.

BTW, Phil was a starting quarterback at Louisiana Tech. His backup quarterback was a guy named Terry Bradshaw.

Hotlanta

I have nothing against gays but they had a point with freedom of speech...I think the show is ridiculous, so I don't watch it. Idk, maybe if gays don't like his comments then they shouldn't watch either. But on their stance to leave, I say Good Riddance!

k

So what!!!!! It's a friggin "reality". The world will go on.

Duckfamilyrocks

I think A&E is making the biggest mistake he is Just stating his religious belief he did nothing wrong he has the freedom of speech the freedom of religious beliefs it's the first amendment it's In the constitution that's unconstitutional for kicking him off because of his beliefs yes it might be offensive to some people but it's his belief his opinion are country was built on are beliefs and there treating him wrong it's good I'm 100% duck family big fan and A&E I know will lose a ton of viewers if they go threw with it I'm sure another channel or company would take duck commander in a heartbeat who wouldn't stay in here duck family big fan love you guys

Previous 15 Comments | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments