'Duck Dynasty'

Family Says ...

We Won't Do the Show Without Phil

12/20/2013 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1219-robertson-duck-dynasty

The Robertson family just drew a line in the sand with A&E -- NO PHIL, NO SHOW ... and says they are already talking to the cable channel about possibly pulling the plug on "Duck Dynasty."

The family issued a statement saying, "As a family, we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm. We are in discussions with A&E to see what that means for the future of 'Duck Dynasty.'"

They also say they're "disappointed" that Phil Robertson was suspended by A&E just for expressing his religious beliefs ... which, they point out, is his "constitutionally protected right."

Fun fact: "Duck Dynasty" is the highest rated cable reality TV show ever.

Way to go A&E.

1219_duck_dynasty_family_photos_footer_v3

We want to thank all of you for your prayers and support. The family has spent much time in prayer since learning of A&E's decision. We want you to know that first and foremost we are a family rooted in our faith in God and our belief that the Bible is His word. While some of Phil’s unfiltered comments to the reporter were coarse, his beliefs are grounded in the teachings of the Bible. Phil is a Godly man who follows what the Bible says are the greatest commandments: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart” and “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Phil would never incite or encourage hate.We are disappointed that Phil has been placed on hiatus for expressing his faith, which is his constitutionally protected right.We have had a successful working relationship with A&E but, as a family, we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm. We are in discussions with A&E to see what that means for the future of Duck Dynasty. Again, thank you for your continued support of our family.

CremeBrulee

These people are already millionaires. They're probably sick of doing the show. They have nothing to lose. A&E does. Ha!

Vote2012

Every American should be angry over all this. I highly encourage you to e mail A&E Disney who owns A&E and all the show sponsors, voice your anger. Our freedom of speech is being taken away and our freedom to express our thoughts and opinions are being taken away.
America needs to get upset over this issue and fight. The gay community is picking a fight and they are not going to win this battle. It is time for all Americans to protect our freedom and God given rights

OnTheNine

We love the fact that we have the right to Bash him for his words. We don't love the face he uses that same right say them. We are all HYPOCRITES!

D.Tidrow

Way to go A&E, your highest rated show ever and you bow down to the almighty Zionist Disney network

Flox

Bravo to the family! I would have expected nothing less of them. They are true to their beliefs in all ways. They've always said their faith was the most important thing to them.

I agree with and support this family in respect to their relationship with the A&E hypocrites.

I don't agree with Phil's coarse comments; I agree with the "who am I to judge?" Pope. Nonetheless, that's Phil, that's the way he speaks about everything (his sons, grandkids, Miss Kay, yuppies, city folk, cats, Si, Greg the realtor, game wardens, etc., etc.). I did not think his comments were hateful.

However, I've heard vile hate, bigotry, and disrespect on other reality shows, late night talk shows, and purported news programs.

Woot

His religious beliefs say that blacks should be oppressed, hmm? HANG THE BASTARD!

truthtalks

Go PHIL!! As a gay guy I agree w Phil us ***gots need to stop being so damn sensative and grow sum balls n swallow what comes at us along w u kno what!! Trashy entertainers get to show trash all over tv yet we can't have biblical truth told at us. GO PHIL

leog237

Once you say something a lil offensive About the gay community they start trying to bully folks Personally I don't approve of gay People myself. I feel that if you love a person and make love to that person and your love makes a baby which is a Angel from God is given to yall. And I Love Duck Danasty. WE SUPPORT THE ROBINSON FAMILY

JW

The Constitution only protects against recourse from the Government, not from your employer. Also, the numbers may be high, but you have to look at who and where they reach: 90%+ in rural southern areas, basically the small fly over markets nobody cares about.

Sue from jersey

Na na na na hey hey hey GOODBYE !!!

tattsnscars

Just because you have a right to say it, it doesn't mean there aren't consequences! That's not in the constitution!!!

NOLALola

Admittedly, I have never watched this show, but why all the outrage? I'm a proud liberal. I support gay rights. I absolutely do NOT agree with what this guy said. But so what? I haven't seen or heard that he's done anything other than voice his truth. And what's wrong with that? Can any of you really say that you don't know good people, that there aren't people that you love, that have different opinions than you do on any given issue? Please.

stonedinseattle

I'm glaad he said what he said. maybe now they will cancel that piece of sh*t show. Ignorant hillbilly trash.

J

If being gay was natural then babies would come out the rear end and not the "V"

Blood is thicker in water...love this family...come back to t.v...bye a&e we do not need you....