1st Legal Weed Purchaser

I'm Not Smoking It!

1/2/2014 1:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0102-sean-azzariti-Getty
The first man to make a legal weed purchase in the United States ... ever ... is doing the most un-stoner thing possible with his new stash -- he's locking it away in a safe.

32-year-old Sean Azzariti tells TMZ, he's storing his 3.5 grams of Bubba Kush, his truffle edible, and his $57 receipt from the Denver dispensary where he bought all the stuff because he plans to donate it to a museum.

"It's a piece of history, dude," Sean says.

But Sean didn't go un-high on the big day -- he tells us he blazed through some weed from his personal collection to celebrate the momentous occasion, and subsequently binged on gingerbread waffles with apple puree.

0102_smokin_celebrities_footer

Carl

There are so many reasons why your claim that he is the first person in the USA to legally purchase weed ever is incorrect that I'm not sure where to begin.

Sid

Denver Post is reporting a different guy as the first to buy pot in Colorado. Damn tmz didn't get it wrong yet again.

double d

That's awesome

taz

Weed needs a better poster boy. How 'bout Brad Pitt?

strunz2318

It's the beginning of the end, folks...we have become a society who gives into the masses because rules are inconvenient.

PokeFangirl

I'll never for the life of me ever understand smokers - be they nicotine, tobacco, or marijuana. They all stink, make me cough up a lung or two, and give me a migraine worse than most people's hangovers. Many also don't seem to care or understand that not everyone want's to be subjected to smoke, like nurses outside of a hospital (Like seriously how was that ever okay!?) and practically every stoner ever. Marijuana is especially overhyped. People argue over the medical benefits and falsely delegated it as being less harmful than water. And god forbid you ever talk agianst the all mighty pot. Like seriously just because I don't like it doesn't mean I'm a soulless monster who needs to smoke a blunt or eat an edible to "chill out." At least watching people who are stoned out is fun especially when they get "philosophical" about complete nonsense.

DirkDiggler

What a loser?! Light it. Don't hide it!

Laur

That's almost as stupid as the comment from Abe.

zombie

Whoopdy doo. I'm so cool cuz I smoke weed. *eyeroll* Any good pot smoker worth his salt wouldn't be caught dead at some legal dispensery.

ColoGirl

You can't prove 1st purchase...there's a dozen dispensaries in Denver and they all were sell'n out like hotcakes!!!

Germain Ouellette

Dude looks like jonah hill

ColoGirl

There's a dozen dispensaries in Denver that do recreational mmj sales and they all were sell'n out like hotcakes!!! He wasn't the 1st purchaser, maybe for that store. But not in Denver.

adubb001

I thought hurricane season was over

ronaldbender

Total freakin lite weight dork...

Janroc