Ludacris

The Sound Of Your Music

Is Highly Suspicious

1/2/2014 1:57 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0102-ludacris-tmz
Ludacris
claims his 2010 song "Be With You" is an original composition, but the people behind a similar 70s song says calling it "original" is ludicrous ... and that's why they're suing the rapper.

A soul singer named Tyrone Davis recorded a 1979 song called, "Be With Me."   The music producer and publisher claim Luda flagrantly ripped them off with his 2010 tune.

Truth be told ... Luda's not the main singer on "Be With You."  The song features David Banner and Marsha Ambrosius.  Nonetheless, all 3 are being sued, plus many, many more.

So listen to both, and then...

010214_tyrone_davis_launch_v2
010214_ludacris_launch_v2

Dead account Delete at will

If you dissect damn near any rap song you'll eventually come up with the original music they used and tried to tweak it till you cant tell so they wont get sued.

su

sad state of modern music in general. very few unique acts out there anymore. mostly lip syncers.

BLUE UGLY 💩

Ludacris is a thief

Tarington

These mfers just can't stop copy-infringing (e.g., Kanye w/ Bound, Robin Thicke & Pharrell Williams w/Blurred Lines etc.) and now Ludacris?! Can't these idiots give credit where credit is due and pay for it? I loathe entertainers who blatantly steal songs that aren't their original stuff. Azzholes.

CLINT

This is just ludicrous. I listened to both and they do sound sort of the same, but with the newer version I don't see what the big deal is. The words and even the melody was changed, and even if it does sound similar, it is different. With that being said, I hate when other's music is duped or outright stolen. That shows a lack of imagination and creativity. Godd luck winning this one.

Carl

I'd be more shocked if you had a story about a rapper NOT ripping off someone else's song.

HumanNature

THE CURRENT STATE OF MUSIC IS "DEAD"!!!!!

Pudding Tang

Highly suspect... self proclaimed musicians like Luda, Kanye and many others are an embarrassment to real artist musicians. I suspect they feel we should give them a break though ; for they know not how to make music. Isn't it obvious they never learned the meaning of melody and harmony? Kanye track 'bound 2' and this can only be described as garbage really.

Teach

They don't sound anything alike!!

Celeb Gossip Addict

I know Luda's popular right now because he had a side baby around the same time as Dwayne Wade, but this title is so misleading. Why would Luda be claiming it's an original when it isn't even his song? It is David Banner's song. I guess he is not popular enough for you to say that. Luda is just a featured artist. Anyway, I've never even heard the song before so it's not like it was a big hit.

Brian

These lawsuits are dumb. Why is this just happening now if the song came out in 2010? I'm sure you can find a lot of songs that sound like other songs. There's so many songs. No way can they all be completely different.

Brian

I see on the poll over 60% say ripoff. Did any of those people listen to the songs? I doubt it.

billybob

Nothing, absolutely nothing is original in a rap song. It's all stolen, what's typical for black rappers. Even the lyrics are stolen boilerplates.
As long as you steal it in a way, that the original song isn't recognizable as such, it's called 'sampling'. If you copy whole phrases and chord progressions like that lil Ludacris dumbazz, than it`s officially a theft and you can get sued.

my 2 cents

Wait , one of the rappers will make an entire song of Sampling ! Hey maybe I ought too !

Observer

This is what you get, when people play pretend.

You can't write music, can't play an instrument, don't have 'that' inside..... you steal.

Typical if true.