Def Leppard Drummer

One Direction Ripped Us Off BUT...

1/3/2014 12:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

010214_rick_allen_launch
British rockers "Def Leppard" claim "One Direction" ripped off one of their biggest hits ... and get this ... they're flattered.

Def's legendary one-armed drummer Rick Allen tells us any fool can hear the similarities between their 1987 hit "Pour Some Sugar On Me" ... and 1D's tune, "Midnight Memories."

Allen apparently thinks he has a good lawsuit, but he's not going to court ... because he's taking it as a compliment.

Maybe the real reason for calling off the lawyers ... Allen seems to admit he's done to other bands what 1D did to his.  Listen to him ... it's hysterical.

Still, we gotta ask ...

010214_pour_sugar_launch
010214_midnight_memories_launch

Doodlebug

Ya right..and one direction ripped your arm off too

BLUE UGLY 💩

One Direction are a bunch of talentless cretins not even on a New Kids on the Block level

w

That guy is one talented mo fo and a pretty nice guy at that. 1d should be countin their blessings to have a guy that nice because someone else would of sued the pants off of em.

EarsuckerDOTcom

Not exactly breaking news, considering that I covered this story on my website, earsucker.com on December 20th:

Get it together TMZ.

Majestik

Def Leppard to me will always be my first HIGH SCHOOL CRUSH. Dudes hit the airwaves with their first album, HIGH AND DRY when I was late 16 almost 17 and they just blew the roof off of Rock with the Pyromania and Animal albums. I followed these guys through Rick's car accident and amputation of his arm, the lead guitarist's suicide and Leppard;s foray into a different type of Rock. Of all the bands I've seen in my lifetime these were the one guys I wanted to see in the big stadium and never did. Hopefully they'll do the small venue tour, one more time and I WILL BE THERE because they love the Commodore in Vancouver, B.C. I'll sell my children and my husband's soul for those tickets LOL

Hamburglar

that's what happens when you have no talent...
not even good looks
blame it on Harry...

JrzGrl

Gotta love the Brits. Always so lovely & gracious.

Truth

PEEPS SEEM TO FORGET 1D WAS 5 F*CKING IDIOTS ON XFACTOR-UK PUT UP BY THAT ASS SH*T SIMON COWELL TO WIN THE GROUP CATEGORY. PATHETIC NO TALENT SWAGGER JACKERS. 1 DIRECTION ---> EXIT STAGE LEFT. #TRUTH!!

sean

That was a lovely and pleasant interview.
Warmed my heart a little.

CremeBrulee

Please tell me Joe Elliot is not the Courtney Love wax museum figure in the pic. Please!!

F'U

Well! Well! U dont say,standing up 4 pillow biters' hay.

Mr. Pukey

A perfect example of why music today sucks! Just regurgitated hits from bands past with stupid choreographed dancers.

royalredus

Great interview!!

GreyWolf

The "Thunder God" is right. One direction totally ripped them off of "Pour Some Sugar on Me" on their pathetic song. Glad to see that Def Leppard took the high road and let it go. Still just as classy and sexy as ever. All hail the Thunder God. :*

kitnplayn

TMZ finally did something right. This camera man rocks. Smart and interesting. Best interview EVER of a rock star. I would want to hang out with either one of these guys, but mostly, both of them.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments