Y & R's Michael Muhney

Fired For Allegedly

Groping Co-Star's Breasts

1/4/2014 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0103-michael-muhney-Hunter-King-tmzMichael Muhney, a big soap star who played Adam Newman on "The Young & the Restless" -- was fired last month after one of his co-stars complained to the brass that he grabbed her boobs -- on 2 occasions ... TMZ has learned.

Multiple sources connected to the show tell TMZ ... 38-year-old Muhney allegedly bullied and harassed 20-year-old Hunter King, who plays Summer on the show.  She went to higher-ups and complained recently Muhney had fondled her breasts on 2 occasions -- and she said both were unsolicited and unwanted.

Sources tell us ... the new allegations were the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back."  Muhney -- who is married with 3 kids -- had been a problem on the set for a long time, allegedly bullying and harassing Hunter and others.  He even admitted in a recent interview with HuffPo's Canada TV after getting fired, "Sometimes I've walked around with a big backpack of hubris."

Muhney's last show will air January 30th.

Muhney has been an extremely popular character on the show, and fans are threatening to stop watching.

Calls and emails to Muhney's rep were not returned.

Aarin

Ummmm

When someone does something like that against your wishes, you give no mercy and go to the police not your ****ing boss.

TAS

Its one of two things..simple! Either Michael Muhney is innocent OR CBS is guilty VERY guilty of letting it go on for months and THEY TOO should be FIRED ! So CBS which is it?

akb054

Sounds like something else is going on.

Princess

Aww, i love that guy playing as adam and i like that guy billy playing as billy. i heard that they are also getting rid of billy because they refuse to pay him any higher so he's eventually gonna leave too because they won't give him a higher pay. the old billy back in the Mackenzie (Mac) days from the late 90s early 2000s is coming back though...

Yurra Knutz

I saw a little guy reach up a grab a woman's boobs with both hands while I was talking to her.

Damn rude motorboating infant!

just1girl

Really? It's okay with viewers that this man has assaulted women he works with?? The ones threatening to boycott are welcome to never watch again. If I was a soap watcher I would never watch again if he DID stay.

DiM

It's sad to me to read people defending this guy cause he is dreamy. He was far too immature to take direction (that is what actros do!) and work with anyone else. He let his fanfare go to his head and wanted to control everything. He bullied and mocked people on set and on twitter. And now this?! Get this toxic manbaby off the show!

Marvel

If it's true he should be fired for groping, but hunter too, she can't act and does nothing for the show. But the real target should be Jill. Y&R fans need to put fire under jill farren phelps she is the poison behind the "firings" too many good cast members are getting the boot or walking...

spectrabei

I LOVE THIS GUY! WHY THE HELL NOT FONDLE HER BREASTS. He is destined to be a superstar, and she, is a good lay, that you'd rather forget.

DiM

*** Blind Items Revealed
June 4, 2009

This actor is C list, and has done 90% television. At one time in the not too distant past he was B list and decided to roll the dice for A list and came up empty. Since that roll of the dice it has been all downhill at a very fast rate. Even though our actor barely works, he was on a very big hit show for several years. People recognize him. He doesn't have a problem picking up women to take home. The other night he had four competing for his attention at a nightclub. A very crowded club. Instead of being a gentleman about his potential one night stand for that night, our actor said the one who took off the most clothes and got the most dirty while standing on the table would get to go home with him. All four ended up getting completely naked. This resulted in the actor and the women being asked to leave the club. When they got outside, our actor was asked who he had chosen and he replied, "None of you. I just wanted to see what you would do to f* *k me."

Michael Muhney (This was two years after Veronica Mars and right about the time he got Y&R)

DiM

People seem to be mixing up fictional characters with actual people. Muhney was definitely not a nice guy and this woman is NOT the first one to complain about his sexual advances. He is also not very professional. On shows where WOMEN now are in charge and are being producers etc., I am happy to see this behaviour no longer being tolerated. I will watch Y&R!!

supermom

I like Michael Muhney. I believe he is innocent. I think EB is a bully and so is MTS. I think there is a lot of jealously on the set. I believe HH threw herself after him and he rebuffed her advances or he was horsing around with herand probably SC or others as he is a jokest and then, she turned on him. Very Sad! I have turned my TV off to CBS because of this, and that includes thousands of seniors that I work with. WE ARE ALL MM Fans and we believe in him... My heart goes out to him and his family for being struck down because of jealous coworkers and a vindictive HH who is not a good actress anyway!!!

Fred Thompson

Sweetest rack in Hollywood. , I want to play with them too but would only do so with permission :) .

supermom