Y & R's Michael Muhney

Fired For Allegedly

Groping Co-Star's Breasts

1/4/2014 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0103-michael-muhney-Hunter-King-tmzMichael Muhney, a big soap star who played Adam Newman on "The Young & the Restless" -- was fired last month after one of his co-stars complained to the brass that he grabbed her boobs -- on 2 occasions ... TMZ has learned.

Multiple sources connected to the show tell TMZ ... 38-year-old Muhney allegedly bullied and harassed 20-year-old Hunter King, who plays Summer on the show.  She went to higher-ups and complained recently Muhney had fondled her breasts on 2 occasions -- and she said both were unsolicited and unwanted.

Sources tell us ... the new allegations were the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back."  Muhney -- who is married with 3 kids -- had been a problem on the set for a long time, allegedly bullying and harassing Hunter and others.  He even admitted in a recent interview with HuffPo's Canada TV after getting fired, "Sometimes I've walked around with a big backpack of hubris."

Muhney's last show will air January 30th.

Muhney has been an extremely popular character on the show, and fans are threatening to stop watching.

Calls and emails to Muhney's rep were not returned.

Previous 15 Comments | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20

J. Lane

He should not be allowed to stay just because we like his role. Just like we got used to him, we can get used to another person playing his role. Frankly, I can't wait to see how he get out of going to jail for killing Delia. I think it will turn out someone else like "Kelly" did it.

katie

I am very sad if this true he is fabulous actor also a menses ;why would do such a thing .he a has a beautiful family.

Alice

After watching Young and the Restless for 25 years as a devout viewer, I find that Adam should be given a second chance i do not condone this!. If he goes, the girl should go to.There is no one that can stand up to Victor as Adam. They seem to be cut from the same apple.Adam leaving is the same is if victor and Nickey would leave.we just lost Kathryn and now Adam. Christine please cant you do something? I Do not know how i can continue watching this show on a daily bases..what you should Do is get rid of those young druggies except fen.My friend and I years ago walked daily on our school lunch hour to watch this program in Pennsylvania years ago Respectfully a devout viewer...These actors are like my family! I feel so sad...

barbara parks

I firmly believe Michael Muhney should not have been fired. Probably Hunter King knows she is faltering in the role she plays and was looking for an out. Well, she got it big time.
How about all the others who are in bed, half dressed, kissing and hugging? When is one of them going to complain and why. THe producers put them is the position, so who is to blame? I wonder.
You took a good actor and ruined the show Y&R. You should be ashamed of yourselves producers and CBS alike. Let's take all the cast, don't allow fondling, undressing, kissing, hugging etc., maybe then you will have a show. It might not be any good but people will survive. Just watch another network.

Marie Mazza

Bring back Michael and Billy. The dynamics of this show will chanfe. The loss of Delia will not be felt the same without Billy playing Billy and Adam you can't be seriuos find a way to resolve the differences. Bad decision. At 70 years old I retiredand started watching soaps B&B and Y&R great story lines don't change it.

Teresa purkiss

I liked his charater on the show it was interesting. I think that it was wrong for what he did and should really appoligize if he did indeed do that. but Hey he should not be banned from doing the show I feel like they should let him come back.

Molly

I miss Adam on the show. And since we saw his finger move!!!!!! Maybe you I'll bring him back at some point. I too don't want to watch it unless he comes back. Maybe summer should be replaced. Want the old billy back too!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20